Patrice Evra thanks ‘Legend’ Sir Alex Ferguson in message to Manchester United fans after signing for Juventus
- July 21, 2014
After eight and half years at the club, which saw him go on to become arguably Manchester United’s greatest ever left-back, leaving the Red Devils has clearly been a wrench for Patrice Evra.
Upon signing forJuventus, Evra has taken the time to address the fans in a letter published on Manchester United’s website, in which he also gave a big thanks to ‘legend’ Sir Alex Ferguson, who signed him and made his Mancunian adventure possible.
‘After a great deal of thought I have decided the time is right for me to leave Manchester United.
It is the biggest decision of my career as this club is, and will always remain in my heart.
Joining and playing for Manchester United has been a privilege, a dream come true and my time here has been so memorable. Through the good times and the bad times we have all stuck together and remained loyal. I have always said you don’t just join Manchester United, you join the family and long may that tradition continue.
“This club is steeped in history and I feel privileged to have become a part of that. Over the past nine years I have met and worked with some incredible people, many of whom will remain friends for life. I would like to thank everyone at the club – teammates, coaches and in particular all the staff who made every single day in Carrington or at Old Trafford a special day.
“An immense thank you to Sir Alex Ferguson for making it all possible, for giving me the privilege to be a captain, to be inspired by the legend of Manchester United and to understand that nobody is bigger than the club.’
“My biggest thanks go to the fans. We have had some fantastic times together, we lifted all of those trophies together and that night in Moscow will live with us all forever. Every single time I stepped out in that shirt I knew I was playing for the badge and for a very special club. My passion for this club will live on and I know you guys will go on to enjoy more success in the coming seasons.”
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich replace Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger with Arturo ...
- Adrian Mutu tells a comedy story about a Zlatan Ibrahimovic nightmare at Juventus [Cost...
- Marco Reus runs the length of the pitch, nutmegs Bonucci and scores solo beauty (Video)
- Dortmund’s Aubameyang finishes off brilliant counter-attack versus Juventus (Video)
- American fans go wild as Andrea Pirlo produces skill in NYC FC Rondo session (Video)
- One-time Arsenal target Julian Draxler looks set to join Juventus after he threw a good...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi