Pathetic playacting! Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera tries to con referee during Basque derby
- February 22, 2013
The San Mames, El Catherdal, bade farewell to the Basque derby with a defeat for its host Athletic Bilbao.
There was an air of inevitability to the defeat in a season that has seen Bielsa’s Bilbao in perpetual crisis mode virtually from the off.
Athletic’s 3-1 defeat at the hands of their rivals Real Sociedad could be perhaps best summed up by this pathetic piece of playacting by Athletic’s young midfielder Ander Herrera.
After receiving a light brush to the face from Markel Bergara (and giving the same effete brush back in return), Herrera collapsed to the ground clutching his nose as if it had been busted open.
Looking around in vain hope for attention from the referee a la Busquets, he quickly saw sense and got quickly back to his feet before the ref could cotton on to his playacting.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi