Pathetic playacting! Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera tries to con referee during Basque derby
- February 22, 2013
The San Mames, El Catherdal, bade farewell to the Basque derby with a defeat for its host Athletic Bilbao.
There was an air of inevitability to the defeat in a season that has seen Bielsa’s Bilbao in perpetual crisis mode virtually from the off.
Athletic’s 3-1 defeat at the hands of their rivals Real Sociedad could be perhaps best summed up by this pathetic piece of playacting by Athletic’s young midfielder Ander Herrera.
After receiving a light brush to the face from Markel Bergara (and giving the same effete brush back in return), Herrera collapsed to the ground clutching his nose as if it had been busted open.
Looking around in vain hope for attention from the referee a la Busquets, he quickly saw sense and got quickly back to his feet before the ref could cotton on to his playacting.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...