- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Pat Rice returned to Arsenal during half-time of Everton win, made a joke about Spurs… [Pictures]
There have been some special guests at Arsenal of late, including Dennis Bergkamp after his statue was unveiled outside the Emirates against Sunderland last month.
On Saturday, during half-time of Arsenal’s 4-1 win over Everton in the FA Cup, Pat Rice came and spoke to the crowd and there was relief all round.
Since last November, Arsene Wenger’s former number two has been battling cancer and in recent weeks appears to be overcoming the disease.
Rice was serenaded by Arsenal fans when he came out to speak and even made a joke about going to the Spurs game next weekend.
“I’ll be going to the dark side next week hopefully the boys can do the business there!”
- Updated: March 8, 2014