Papiss Demba Cisse copies Temuri Ketsbaia celebration after Newcastle winner v Anzhi
- March 14, 2013
What a moment for Newcastle!
And, Papiss Demba Cisse, knowingly or unknowingly, pulled out arguably the most famous celebration ever seen at St James’ Park after scoring a late winner to put Newcastle through past Russian moneybags Anzhi.
In the 94th minute Cisse converted a right wing cross from Sylvain Marveaux to send Newcastle past Anzhi 1-0 on aggregate, after 180 goalless minutes.
Cisse then copied Temuri Ketsbaia’s celebration (see second video below) from when the Georgian scored against Bolton in 1998.
Either Cisse has a firm knowledge of the best ever Newcastle celebrations or he just doesn’t like HTC!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi