- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
- Had Arsenal not dropped 11 points from winning positions…
- The best goals from Spain in 2014 ft. Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, James Rodriguez & more [Video]
- Mad! Man United’s Angel Di Maria is 2nd in the La Liga assists chart for 2014 [Graphic]
Paolo Di Canio sacked, Sunderland line up Roberto Di Matteo
UPDATE: On Sunday evening, Sunderland announced they had fired Paolo Di Canio.
This article was written a couple of hours before the announcement.
Respected Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has come out with some news that will unlikely surprise anyone in English football, this Sunday evening.
Paolo Di Canio is set to be given the sack at Sunderland within the next 24 hours and could well be replaced by fellow Italian Roberto Di Matteo.
Di Marzio is one of the best connected journalists in Europe and had an outstanding track record during the summer months with transfer all across the continent.
Di Canio appeared to be out of his depth at West Brom on Saturday, as Stephane Sessegnon set the Baggies on their way to a 3-0 win.
After the match, the Sunderland boss went to the away fans in one of the most bizarre moves seen in the Premier League for some time – see video below.
Sunderland have claimed just one point so far this season and despite Di Canio guiding them away from relegation in 2012/2013, an announcement is now expected in the next day or so, according to Sky Italia.
- Updated: September 22, 2013