- Cambridge hold Man United to a 0-0 draw [Official Highlights]
- Barcelona hit Elche for 6! [Highlights]
- Jose Mourinho confuses brilliant Bradford with rivals Barnsley after Chelsea defeat [video]
- Neymar & Messi scored a gorgeous 1-2 goal for Barcelona at Elche [GIF + Vine]
- Real Madrid survive Ronaldo sending off to win 2-1 at Cordoba [Highlights]
Paolo Di Canio sacked, Sunderland line up Roberto Di Matteo
UPDATE: On Sunday evening, Sunderland announced they had fired Paolo Di Canio.
This article was written a couple of hours before the announcement.
Respected Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio has come out with some news that will unlikely surprise anyone in English football, this Sunday evening.
Paolo Di Canio is set to be given the sack at Sunderland within the next 24 hours and could well be replaced by fellow Italian Roberto Di Matteo.
Di Marzio is one of the best connected journalists in Europe and had an outstanding track record during the summer months with transfer all across the continent.
Di Canio appeared to be out of his depth at West Brom on Saturday, as Stephane Sessegnon set the Baggies on their way to a 3-0 win.
After the match, the Sunderland boss went to the away fans in one of the most bizarre moves seen in the Premier League for some time – see video below.
Sunderland have claimed just one point so far this season and despite Di Canio guiding them away from relegation in 2012/2013, an announcement is now expected in the next day or so, according to Sky Italia.
- Updated: September 22, 2013