Panathinaikos manager Anastasiou hit in the face with with bottle of Coke by Olympiakos fans [Vine]
- March 3, 2014
It kicked off in the Athens Derby at the weekend in Greek football’s biggest game, Olympiakos v Panathinkaios, won 3-0 by the visitors.
The game spiraled out of control around a half-hour in when Olympiakos’ Olaitan collapsed on the pitch with a minor cardiac arrest, from which he’s recovered well.
Olympiakos fans began raining missiles down on the pitch in the confusion that ensued, and Yiannis Anastasiou took a full bottle of Coca-Cola to the face, as can be seen in the Vine below.
You get the feeling Greek’s authorities won’t be conducting a witch hunt to track down the perpetrator…
Thankfully Anastasiou escaped serious injury from the missile.
- Olympiacos post excellent be-a-pro style video promo for new 2015-16 home kit
- Shocking: Olympiakos score in the 88th minute v AEK Athens. AEK ultras attack. Match su...
- Panathinaikos v Olympiakos: Watch a Live Stream of the Greek League – available in the UK
- Olympiakos v AEK Athens: Watch a Live Stream of the Greek Cup – available in the UK
- Olympiakos’ pursuit of Arsenal attacker Joel Campbell splashed in Greek press
- Eric Abidal won his last Olympiakos game 5-0 at Kalloni. French legend got the bumps [V...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi