- Some examples of Diego Costa’s history for violence in one well-made infographic [Picture]
- Quality fan footage vine of Christian Eriksen’s free-kick v Sheffield United
- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
- Andrea Pirlo’s quality skills v Parma for Juventus in the Coppa Italia [GIF]
- USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann backheels TWO balls at the same time! [GIF]
Panathinaikos manager Anastasiou hit in the face with with bottle of Coke by Olympiakos fans [Vine]
It kicked off in the Athens Derby at the weekend in Greek football’s biggest game, Olympiakos v Panathinkaios, won 3-0 by the visitors.
The game spiraled out of control around a half-hour in when Olympiakos’ Olaitan collapsed on the pitch with a minor cardiac arrest, from which he’s recovered well.
Olympiakos fans began raining missiles down on the pitch in the confusion that ensued, and Yiannis Anastasiou took a full bottle of Coca-Cola to the face, as can be seen in the Vine below.
You get the feeling Greek’s authorities won’t be conducting a witch hunt to track down the perpetrator…
Thankfully Anastasiou escaped serious injury from the missile.
- Updated: March 3, 2014