Özil’s father issues a lawsuit over a fake document saying he’d sell his son to Man United, not Arsenal [Köln Express]
- September 25, 2013
The Köln Express have delivered an exclusive story regarding Arsenal star Mesut Özil, concerning rumours that the German international had agreed terms with Manchester United before he finally moved to the Emirates.
The Köln Express where tipped off to the Özil-to-Old Trafford rumour when they received possession of a letter purporting to be a document of sale. The letter was signed by Özil’s agent and father, Mustapha, and it reported that Mesut’s transfer from Real Madrid to Manchester United was authorised.
Crucially, the letter was affixed with Mustapha Özil’s signature, while it was dated August 7th, 2013.
The Köln Express contacted Mustapha Özil about the document, and in turn they appear to have started a lawsuit.
Mustapha Özil defiantly claimed that the letter was fake, saying:
I would have never thought something like this was possible. Someone has pretended to be me. They’ve used my name to link it to Manchester (United). They have even signed my name! That’s not a trivial crime. We are now looking into the matter.
The Köln Express report that Mustapha Özil has hired a lawyer to investigate the forged document.
A blurry copy of the letter can be seen below.
- Arsenal fan Claude blasts “stubborn” Arsene Wenger for lack of transfer act...
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Arsenal fans vent as it looks certain no new signings will be made on deadline day [Twe...
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...