- Man United target Memphis Depay uploads video singing with the fans at PSV’s title parade
- Mauricio Pochettino hails fantastic Harry Kane after netting in 3-1 Spurs win v Newcastle [Video]
- Nicolas Isimat-Mirin shows off his MCing skills with crowd-pleasing at PSV’s champions parade [Video]
- Sogndal’s Kristian Fardal Opseth emulates Charlie Adam with 57-yard golazo [Vine]
- Aston Villa players celebrate FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool in Wembley dressing room [Video]
Owen Hargreaves responds to Fergie’s book criticism that he ‘lacked character’ on BT Sport, ‘This should be done in private’
- October 26, 2013
It hasn’t been a good week for Fergie’s rep, though the book is flying off the shelves with every counter claim to his controversial comments.
Owen Hargreaves was one of his many, many victimes in his autobiography, and Jake Humphrey invited the Anglo-Canadian to respond on BT Sport today.
Rather awkwardly reading the relevant passages out to him, Hargreaves tried not to squirm in his seat as each word landed like a dagger to the heart.
He composed himself to respond, and was highly magnanimous, choosing to take the higher moral ground and refusing to let Fergie see that he’d been hurt by comments that he lacked the character to return from injury.
Hargreaves simply reminded Fergie that he achieved what he set out to do at Manchester United : winning the Champions League.
He then suggested that it’s a conversation that should take place in private, not public.
[gthumb id=”368856″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]