Owen Hargreaves responds to Fergie’s book criticism that he ‘lacked character’ on BT Sport, ‘This should be done in private’
- October 26, 2013
It hasn’t been a good week for Fergie’s rep, though the book is flying off the shelves with every counter claim to his controversial comments.
Owen Hargreaves was one of his many, many victimes in his autobiography, and Jake Humphrey invited the Anglo-Canadian to respond on BT Sport today.
Rather awkwardly reading the relevant passages out to him, Hargreaves tried not to squirm in his seat as each word landed like a dagger to the heart.
He composed himself to respond, and was highly magnanimous, choosing to take the higher moral ground and refusing to let Fergie see that he’d been hurt by comments that he lacked the character to return from injury.
Hargreaves simply reminded Fergie that he achieved what he set out to do at Manchester United : winning the Champions League.
He then suggested that it’s a conversation that should take place in private, not public.
[gthumb id=”368856″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Sergio Ramos collects ICC trophy as Real Madrid captain
- Rio Ferdinand relives his header v Liverpool into the Stretford End on a holiday boat (...
- Sergio Ramos’ new Real Madrid deal is worth less than what Manchester United were...
- Man Utd’s Bastian Schweinsteiger pinged a lovely volley pass to Rooney v PSG (GIF)
- Watch Memphis Depay’s individual highlights for Man United v PSG (Video)
- Pedro’s move from Barcelona to Man United is matter of “when, not if”...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi