Owen Hargreaves responds to Fergie’s book criticism that he ‘lacked character’ on BT Sport, ‘This should be done in private’
It hasn’t been a good week for Fergie’s rep, though the book is flying off the shelves with every counter claim to his controversial comments.
Owen Hargreaves was one of his many, many victimes in his autobiography, and Jake Humphrey invited the Anglo-Canadian to respond on BT Sport today.
Rather awkwardly reading the relevant passages out to him, Hargreaves tried not to squirm in his seat as each word landed like a dagger to the heart.
He composed himself to respond, and was highly magnanimous, choosing to take the higher moral ground and refusing to let Fergie see that he’d been hurt by comments that he lacked the character to return from injury.
Hargreaves simply reminded Fergie that he achieved what he set out to do at Manchester United : winning the Champions League.
He then suggested that it’s a conversation that should take place in private, not public.
[gthumb id=”368856″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- EA Sports reveal FIFA 17 ratings after getting James, Rashford and co. to rate themselves (Video)August 29, 2016
- Olivier Giroud discusses Arsenal’s title chances & hails Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s influence at Man UnitedAugust 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Man City fans prove Sergio Aguero didn’t connect with elbow & Andre Marriner saw incidentAugust 29, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates with Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal win the Euros (Video)July 11, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson says it was a steward who told him to sign Ryan Giggs [ESPN]July 5, 2016
- Paul Pogba talks respect for Sir Alex Ferguson, learning from Scholes and Pirlo [Quotes]June 8, 2016