Ouch! The wounded Tiger: Roberto Soldado stamps on Radamel Falcao’s head (Valencia 2 – Atletico Madrid 0)
- November 4, 2012
It is a rare weekend in La Liga when Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Radamel Falcao fail to score.
And whilst Barcelona and Real Madrid posted convincing wins, Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid once again failed to secured all three points at one of the biggest teams in Spain.
The defeat also marked Atletico’s first since losing to Real Madrid last April and snapped an incredible winning streak of 13 successive games.
Valencia’s win was summed up by the sight of Atletico Madrid talisman, and new love of the transfer gossips, Radamel Falcao receiving a nasty looking cut to his head just 18 minutes in.
It came from the accidental boot of Roberto Soldado who would go on to score a cracking opening goal for Valencia and left Falcao sporting a red head band for the rest of the encounter.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”255371″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi