- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Ouch! The wounded Tiger: Roberto Soldado stamps on Radamel Falcao’s head (Valencia 2 – Atletico Madrid 0)
It is a rare weekend in La Liga when Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Radamel Falcao fail to score.
And whilst Barcelona and Real Madrid posted convincing wins, Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid once again failed to secured all three points at one of the biggest teams in Spain.
The defeat also marked Atletico’s first since losing to Real Madrid last April and snapped an incredible winning streak of 13 successive games.
Valencia’s win was summed up by the sight of Atletico Madrid talisman, and new love of the transfer gossips, Radamel Falcao receiving a nasty looking cut to his head just 18 minutes in.
It came from the accidental boot of Roberto Soldado who would go on to score a cracking opening goal for Valencia and left Falcao sporting a red head band for the rest of the encounter.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="255371"]
- Updated: November 4, 2012