- Former Irish rugby star Brian O’Driscoll admits he was infatuated when he met David Beckham [Video]
- Mario Balotelli pulls off back skill and bicycle kick during Liverpool head tennis [Video]
- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
Ouch! Teddy Sheringham sends Gordon Ramsay to hospital during Soccer Aid charity match
- May 28, 2012
“Thx 4 all the messages. Out of hospital after receiving amazing care from medics at ground & hospital. Bit sore but fine Gx” – Gordon Ramsay.
According to reports this morning, the Soccer Aid match at Old Trafford on Sunday evening, featuring film stars such as Will Ferrell, Mike Myers, Gerard Butler and Michael Sheen as well as pop stars and football legends, raised a hugely impressive 4 million pounds.
There was much to admire on the pitch, including Kenny Dalglish playing Hernan Crespo at centre back (!) and the opening goal from Serge Pizzorno of Kasabian was a quality chip, lobbing David Seaman (not for the first time…)
No doubting the headline moment of the encounter though – it was Teddy Sheringham putting world famous chef Gordon Ramsay in hospital with a tough challenge on the Scotsman.
The tackle came in on the hour and wasn’t the first time Ramsay had been clattered, perhaps the English team were out to get him?!
Ramsay was sent straight to hospital but has escaped any long term damage. Sheringham meanwhile, scored as England came from behind to win 3-1.
Amusingly, Gordon Ramsay’s Wikipedia page was changed seconds after he was stretchered off the Old Trafford pitch. (See image below.)