Ouch! Teddy Sheringham sends Gordon Ramsay to hospital during Soccer Aid charity match
- May 28, 2012
“Thx 4 all the messages. Out of hospital after receiving amazing care from medics at ground & hospital. Bit sore but fine Gx” – Gordon Ramsay.
According to reports this morning, the Soccer Aid match at Old Trafford on Sunday evening, featuring film stars such as Will Ferrell, Mike Myers, Gerard Butler and Michael Sheen as well as pop stars and football legends, raised a hugely impressive 4 million pounds.
There was much to admire on the pitch, including Kenny Dalglish playing Hernan Crespo at centre back (!) and the opening goal from Serge Pizzorno of Kasabian was a quality chip, lobbing David Seaman (not for the first time…)
No doubting the headline moment of the encounter though – it was Teddy Sheringham putting world famous chef Gordon Ramsay in hospital with a tough challenge on the Scotsman.
The tackle came in on the hour and wasn’t the first time Ramsay had been clattered, perhaps the English team were out to get him?!
Ramsay was sent straight to hospital but has escaped any long term damage. Sheringham meanwhile, scored as England came from behind to win 3-1.
Amusingly, Gordon Ramsay’s Wikipedia page was changed seconds after he was stretchered off the Old Trafford pitch. (See image below.)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi