Ouch!!! River Plate’s Leo Ponzio ruptures haemorrhoids in match v Boca Unidos
- June 12, 2012
“[When my haemorrhoids ruptured] I did not think about going off… I felt the blood, but I didn’t find myself flailing… It happened to a friend of mine and he was fine.” – Leo Ponzio.
The picture and video below obviously look a lot worse than they appear as River Plate midfielder Leo Ponzio played the full 90 minutes of the 2-1 win over Boca Unidos on Sunday.
Ponzio has since insisted that he was absolutely fine to appear in the Argentine Prim B Nacional match despite having to change his shorts three times.
According to the 30-year-old midfielder, the bleeding was due to stress and effort and he joked that the picture of Ponzio bleeding through his backside will be rather popular with Boca Juniors supporters.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”192255″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi