- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Ouch!!! River Plate’s Leo Ponzio ruptures haemorrhoids in match v Boca Unidos
“[When my haemorrhoids ruptured] I did not think about going off… I felt the blood, but I didn’t find myself flailing… It happened to a friend of mine and he was fine.” – Leo Ponzio.
The picture and video below obviously look a lot worse than they appear as River Plate midfielder Leo Ponzio played the full 90 minutes of the 2-1 win over Boca Unidos on Sunday.
Ponzio has since insisted that he was absolutely fine to appear in the Argentine Prim B Nacional match despite having to change his shorts three times.
According to the 30-year-old midfielder, the bleeding was due to stress and effort and he joked that the picture of Ponzio bleeding through his backside will be rather popular with Boca Juniors supporters.
- Updated: June 12, 2012