- Man United want Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti to replace Van Gaal, may offer €16m a year [Tuttosport]
- Robin van Persie isn’t good enough for Man United [Star & Sun]
- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
Ouch!!! River Plate’s Leo Ponzio ruptures haemorrhoids in match v Boca Unidos
“[When my haemorrhoids ruptured] I did not think about going off… I felt the blood, but I didn’t find myself flailing… It happened to a friend of mine and he was fine.” – Leo Ponzio.
The picture and video below obviously look a lot worse than they appear as River Plate midfielder Leo Ponzio played the full 90 minutes of the 2-1 win over Boca Unidos on Sunday.
Ponzio has since insisted that he was absolutely fine to appear in the Argentine Prim B Nacional match despite having to change his shorts three times.
According to the 30-year-old midfielder, the bleeding was due to stress and effort and he joked that the picture of Ponzio bleeding through his backside will be rather popular with Boca Juniors supporters.
- Updated: June 12, 2012