Ouch!!! River Plate’s Leo Ponzio ruptures haemorrhoids in match v Boca Unidos
- June 12, 2012
“[When my haemorrhoids ruptured] I did not think about going off… I felt the blood, but I didn’t find myself flailing… It happened to a friend of mine and he was fine.” – Leo Ponzio.
The picture and video below obviously look a lot worse than they appear as River Plate midfielder Leo Ponzio played the full 90 minutes of the 2-1 win over Boca Unidos on Sunday.
Ponzio has since insisted that he was absolutely fine to appear in the Argentine Prim B Nacional match despite having to change his shorts three times.
According to the 30-year-old midfielder, the bleeding was due to stress and effort and he joked that the picture of Ponzio bleeding through his backside will be rather popular with Boca Juniors supporters.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”192255″]
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...