Ouch! Nicklas Bendtner heads back to Arsenal with a broken wrist, out for 2 months
- May 19, 2013
“It’s a shame for Bendtner, as he has been so unlucky. He damaged a tendon in his hip, then returned and hurt himself again. I wish him all the best, as he’s a good lad and a fine footballer.” – Juventus coach Antonio Conte.
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner must have had one of the most useless loan spells in football history, during his time at Juventus, on loan from north London this season.
Having performed well at Sunderland from Arsenal last campaign, Bendtner had a great opportunity at the Old Lady but despite winning the Scudetto failed to score a goal, mainly due to injury, as Conte alludes to above.
On Saturday night, the sorry loan move was summed up when Bendtner was brought on for the final 16 minutes of Juventus’ 3-2 defeat at Sampdoria.
Attempting to reach a high cross, Bendtner fell awkwardly and broke his wrist. The Dane will undergo surgery today.
Sky Italia suggest he will be out for two months which may force Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to hold on to Bendtner for a little longer than he may have hoped this summer.
Footage of Nicklas Bendtner’s injury is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...