Ouch! Man United & France’s Patrice Evra got studded in the face by Holland’s Quincy Promes [Vine]
Patrice Evra was on the receiving end of a terrible tackle from Holland forward Quincy Promes.
Promes, the 22-year-old FC Twente striker, put in a horror foul on Manchester United’s left-back when he tried to win a bouncing high ball.
As Evra went to clear the danger with his head, Promes opted to try and win the ball with his boot. Evra won the race, but Promes won the battle.
In an painful incident, the Man United defender had his face raked by the Dutch forward’s studs as his mistimed his high footed challenge.
See the painful incident below.
Watch Live Stream
- L’Equipe journalist criticises Paul Pogba for being ‘more marketing, less sporty’ [Quotes]September 7, 2016
- French player ratings: Man United & Spurs stars score low as well as Olivier Giroud [L’Equipe]September 7, 2016
- Brilliant skill from Antoine Griezmann, terrible miss from Olivier Giroud (Video)September 6, 2016
- Angry Olivier Giroud slams France boo boys after “great season” with Arsenal [Le Parisien]September 5, 2016
- ‘I need to protect him’: Jose Mourinho explains why Wayne Rooney may not start v Zorya (Video)September 28, 2016
- Wayne Rooney could sit out Europa League game and Sunday’s clash with Stoke [Sky Sports]September 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho ‘feels sorry’ for Sam Allardyce after his dream job ended in disaster (Video)September 28, 2016
- Jesse Lingard plays down impact of Wayne Rooney’s absence (Video)September 28, 2016