Ouch! Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund) painfully wraps his legs around the goalpost v Hannover
- October 8, 2012
Sometimes being a last ditch defender can hurt. Badly.
Reigning Bundesliga champs Borussia Dortmund could only record a 1-1 draw at Hannover over the weekend, but the visitors were indebtted to their Polish fullback Lukasz Piszczek for saving a certain goal from on the goalline.
As the first half wound down, a Hannover shot was rolling goalwards before Piszczek raced back to clear the effort from the goalline. Piszczek’s block came at a heavy price though, as the defender’s momentum saw him end up wrapping his legs around the post in a truly painful moment.
We only hope there was no permanent damage.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”242792″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...