- Arsenal have bid €40m for Palermo’s Paulo Dybala, Borussia Dortmund are offering €48m [Clarin]
- Nemanja Vidic set to leave Inter Milan on loan for Juventus, not Man United [La Stampa]
- Cristiano Ronaldo has set a new trophy record during his Man United & Real Madrid career [Graphic]
- Fan Cam: Radamel Falcao’s header v Aston Villa, Man United fans go wild
- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba suspected of cheating after 2014 Miss World Netherlands drops hint
Ouch! Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund) painfully wraps his legs around the goalpost v Hannover
Sometimes being a last ditch defender can hurt. Badly.
Reigning Bundesliga champs Borussia Dortmund could only record a 1-1 draw at Hannover over the weekend, but the visitors were indebtted to their Polish fullback Lukasz Piszczek for saving a certain goal from on the goalline.
As the first half wound down, a Hannover shot was rolling goalwards before Piszczek raced back to clear the effort from the goalline. Piszczek’s block came at a heavy price though, as the defender’s momentum saw him end up wrapping his legs around the post in a truly painful moment.
We only hope there was no permanent damage.
- Updated: October 8, 2012