Ouch! Lukasz Piszczek (Borussia Dortmund) painfully wraps his legs around the goalpost v Hannover
- October 8, 2012
Sometimes being a last ditch defender can hurt. Badly.
Reigning Bundesliga champs Borussia Dortmund could only record a 1-1 draw at Hannover over the weekend, but the visitors were indebtted to their Polish fullback Lukasz Piszczek for saving a certain goal from on the goalline.
As the first half wound down, a Hannover shot was rolling goalwards before Piszczek raced back to clear the effort from the goalline. Piszczek’s block came at a heavy price though, as the defender’s momentum saw him end up wrapping his legs around the post in a truly painful moment.
We only hope there was no permanent damage.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”242792″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi