- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Ouch! Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar) goes head first into a concrete barrier vs NEC
- May 4, 2012
Leading American forward Jozy Altidore suffered a horrible injury this week as the AZ Alkmaar forward went head first into a concrete barrier.
Playing away at NEC in the Dutch Eredivisie, Altidore was withdrawn after 35 minutes of the contest following his painful clash with the wall.
Altidore lost his footing in a coming-together with NEC defender Pavel Cmovs in the 29th minute, and the result was a head-first belly slide straight into the sidelines. Altidore was on the ground for several moments while medics attended to him, before the US striker was gingerly removed from the pitch for further treatment.