Ouch! Crewe keeper Alan Martin wraps his legs around the post stopping a freak goal-bound shot
- January 15, 2014
The Cheshire Senior Cup is a regional competition in the north of England featuring teams from the Football League and non-league from Cheshire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
On Tuesday night Crewe took on Northwich Victoria in the tournament, and the game witnessed a comedy moment that turned nasty for home keeper Alan Martin.
The trouble started when Martin foolishly whacked a clearance straight onto the leg of a Northwich Victoria forward. As a result the ball fizzed towards Crewe’s gaping net, and another Northwich forward began darting towards the ball to ensure it went over the goalline.
Looking to save his blushes, Crewe keeper Alan Martin executed a slide tackle to nick the ball off the goalline, but in making his deseprate save the keeper ended up wrapping his legs around the post.
Watch the footage below.
- Gutted! Chile’s Junior Fernandes breaks leg in horror injury, out of the World Cu...
- A horrific ankle break you don’t want to see: Marko Biskupovic (Universidad Catol...
- Ouch! Thibaut Courtois takes a knee to the head
- DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on A...
- Serious ouch! Giampaolo Pazzini overhead kicks Kamel Glik in the face
- A mortal kombat finishing move was spotted in a youth match in Brazil, shockingly no fo...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi