- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Only one Premier League player makes Gazzetta dello Sport’s World XI of 2013 [Graphic]
As all European leagues head into the winter break, bar the Premier League, its time to make those teams of the past year.
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport picked the following Sport World XI for 2013: Manuel Neuer; Phillip Lahm, Neven Subotić, Thiago Silva, David Alaba; Bastian Schweinsteiger, Ilkay Gündogan; Cristiano Ronaldo, Eden Hazard, Franck Ribery & Robert Lewandowski.
Followers of the Premier League will wonder how Eden Hazard got in. A vastly talented player undoubtedly, but his past year has not been better than Arjen Robben say…
You also feel Luis Suarez’s storming form in recent weeks could have merited inclusion.
And although he has been injury hit, Lionel Messi remains the best player in the world.
- Updated: December 24, 2013