One Night Only: 41-year-old Henrik Larsson to play with 15-year-old son in the Swedish 4th tier
- June 19, 2013
A great story has been broken by Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.
Four years after he last played a professional football match, Swedish legend Henrik Larsson is set to play a league match for 4th tier outfit Högaborg on Wednesday night.
Henrik’s 15-year-old son Jordan Larsson is on the books of Högaborg, and the match against Tenhult will be the first time the father-son combo will appear on a pitch at the same time.
According to reports, whilst Jordan Larsson is set to start the match, Henrik is set to begin the game on the bench.
Henrik is stepping into the breach for Högaborg, who are experiencing a selection nightmare with several attackers currently unavailable through injury.
Henrik Larsson scored 325 goals in 573 games in club football having played for Helsingborgs, Feyenoord, Celtic, Barcelona and Manchester United, whilst the legendary’s Scandinavian striker also bagged 37 goals for Sweden in 106 international appearances.
A video compilation of Henrik Larsson can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi