- Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi scores lovely goal for Jong FC Twente vs Jong PSV [Video]
- Bojan & Victor Moses score sublime goals in 4-1 Stoke FA Cup win at Rochdale [GIFs]
- Rochdale fans troll Robbie Savage with chant during FA Cup defeat to Stoke [Video]
- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
One Night Only: 41-year-old Henrik Larsson to play with 15-year-old son in the Swedish 4th tier
A great story has been broken by Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.
Four years after he last played a professional football match, Swedish legend Henrik Larsson is set to play a league match for 4th tier outfit Högaborg on Wednesday night.
Henrik’s 15-year-old son Jordan Larsson is on the books of Högaborg, and the match against Tenhult will be the first time the father-son combo will appear on a pitch at the same time.
According to reports, whilst Jordan Larsson is set to start the match, Henrik is set to begin the game on the bench.
Henrik is stepping into the breach for Högaborg, who are experiencing a selection nightmare with several attackers currently unavailable through injury.
Henrik Larsson scored 325 goals in 573 games in club football having played for Helsingborgs, Feyenoord, Celtic, Barcelona and Manchester United, whilst the legendary’s Scandinavian striker also bagged 37 goals for Sweden in 106 international appearances.
A video compilation of Henrik Larsson can be seen below.
- Updated: June 19, 2013