Jonathan Soriano (Salzburg) misses 1st half as his wife gives birth, bagged 2nd half hat-trick
- April 21, 2013
Ex-Barcelona striker Jonathan Soriano will surely never experience a 24-hour period quite like what happen on Saturday ever again.
27-year-old Soriano, who now plies his trade up-front for Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg, was absent from his team’s starting XI against RZ Pellets WAC as his wife gave birth to a boy.
After missing the first half, however, Soriano was brought on as a second half substitute, and the Spaniard proceeded to mark his special day with a hat-trick. Salzburg won the match 6-2.
Soriano’s hat-trick raised his recent goalscoring exploits to ten goals in his last ten games, while the forward has has amassed 25 goals in 28 league matches this campaign.
Watch Jonathan Soriano’s memorable hat-trick below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi