Jonathan Soriano (Salzburg) misses 1st half as his wife gives birth, bagged 2nd half hat-trick
- April 21, 2013
Ex-Barcelona striker Jonathan Soriano will surely never experience a 24-hour period quite like what happen on Saturday ever again.
27-year-old Soriano, who now plies his trade up-front for Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg, was absent from his team’s starting XI against RZ Pellets WAC as his wife gave birth to a boy.
After missing the first half, however, Soriano was brought on as a second half substitute, and the Spaniard proceeded to mark his special day with a hat-trick. Salzburg won the match 6-2.
Soriano’s hat-trick raised his recent goalscoring exploits to ten goals in his last ten games, while the forward has has amassed 25 goals in 28 league matches this campaign.
Watch Jonathan Soriano’s memorable hat-trick below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...