Jonathan Soriano (Salzburg) misses 1st half as his wife gives birth, bagged 2nd half hat-trick
- April 21, 2013
Ex-Barcelona striker Jonathan Soriano will surely never experience a 24-hour period quite like what happen on Saturday ever again.
27-year-old Soriano, who now plies his trade up-front for Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg, was absent from his team’s starting XI against RZ Pellets WAC as his wife gave birth to a boy.
After missing the first half, however, Soriano was brought on as a second half substitute, and the Spaniard proceeded to mark his special day with a hat-trick. Salzburg won the match 6-2.
Soriano’s hat-trick raised his recent goalscoring exploits to ten goals in his last ten games, while the forward has has amassed 25 goals in 28 league matches this campaign.
Watch Jonathan Soriano’s memorable hat-trick below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...