- MOTD3 panel discuss Arsenal’s defending & Arsene Wenger’s future at the club [Video]
- Which player has covered the most distance in a Premier League 2014/2015 match?!
- Lionel Messi is 15th & Cristiano Ronaldo is 8th in top 5 leagues all-time top scorers. Spurs’ Greaves #1
- Touching! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s brilliant comeback for Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim [Official Video]
- Rayo Vallecano help relocate & pay lifetime rent an 85-year-old grandma who was made homeless
Jonathan Soriano (Salzburg) misses 1st half as his wife gives birth, bagged 2nd half hat-trick
Ex-Barcelona striker Jonathan Soriano will surely never experience a 24-hour period quite like what happen on Saturday ever again.
27-year-old Soriano, who now plies his trade up-front for Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg, was absent from his team’s starting XI against RZ Pellets WAC as his wife gave birth to a boy.
After missing the first half, however, Soriano was brought on as a second half substitute, and the Spaniard proceeded to mark his special day with a hat-trick. Salzburg won the match 6-2.
Soriano’s hat-trick raised his recent goalscoring exploits to ten goals in his last ten games, while the forward has has amassed 25 goals in 28 league matches this campaign.
Watch Jonathan Soriano’s memorable hat-trick below.
- Updated: April 21, 2013