Once in a lifetime: A Portuguese goalie saves a penalty, then immediately scores from 80-yards out
- April 3, 2013
Bruno Fonseca, a little-known Portuguese goalie for lower league side Águias da Musgueira, is about to hit the headlines in a big way.
Last weekend the unknown shotstopper had a match he’ll never forget as the custodian starred in a 1-1 draw with Lourel.
Played on a pitch that resembled a rice paddy, Bruno Fonseca began an incredible sixty seconds of football when he faced a Lourel penalty with ten minutes remaining on the clock.
Looking to see that his side didn’t fall 2-behind, Fonseca guessed the right way as the penalty was driven to his right hand side, and keeper followed up his initial stop with another two saves in quick succession to finally snuff out the danger.
With the ball finally secured in his grasp, Fonseca launched a long punt upfield. Incredibly, that punt travelled the full length of the pitch and bounced over this opposite number and into the goal.
Watch Bruno Fonseca’s penalty save & 80-yard goal below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...