On loan Chelsea keeper Thibaut Courtois pulls off stunning 89th minute match winning save for Atletico
- September 2, 2013
Chelsea are spoilt for choice when it comes to goalkeepers.
Petr Cech is still one of the best around and 21 year old Belgian Thibaut Courtois has made quite a name for himself on loan at Atletico Madrid.
Last night Atletico coach Diego Simeone had his loan keeper to thank, as his players held on to an impressive 2-1 victory at fellow Champions League side Real Sociedad.
In the 89th minute Sociedad were pressing for an equaliser when Esteban Granero got on the end of a cross approximately 9 yards out.
Courtois showed incredible reactions to pull off a phenomenal save and secure his Atletico side maximum points.
His reaction said it all.
- International scored two quality goals against Atletico Mineiro in the Copa Libertadore...
- Rafael Carioca (Atletico Mineiro) scored a stunning volley against Colo Colo [Video]
- The best goals from Spain in 2014 ft. Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, James Rodriguez & more...
- Amazing! Brazilian newspaper sensational front page on Cup Final day today [Picture]
- Flamengo striker Everton scores brilliant solo goal against Atletico Mineiro [Video]
- Ronaldinho posts wonderfully feel-good highlights video of his time at Atletico Mineiro
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi