Olivier Giroud set to extend Arsenal contract until 2018 [L’Equipe]
Despite a summer of spending, Olivier Giroud looks still to be absolutely crucial to the Arsenal cause.
The French hitman remains Arsenal’s only experienced out-and-out front line striker.
The likes of Theo Walcott, Alexis Sanchez and Lukas Podolski can play through the middle but none are natural number nines like Giroud.
Whilst Yaya Sanogo is still unproven at the very highest level.
So, it comes as no surprise today that L’Equipe reveal Olivier Giroud is close to signing a new deal at Arsenal.
Giroud’s contract at the Emirates currently runs until 2016 and the reliable French newspaper suggest he has been offered a further two years on his deal.
The 27-year-old should have his best years ahead and in 2013/2014 scored a very creditable 16 goals in 36 appearances.
With Sanchez, Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil behind him, Giroud looks set for another goal-laden season.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsene Wenger congratulates Mesut Özil on the Ballon D’Or nomination….he didn’t get (Video)October 28, 2016
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech discusses his brush with death 10 years agoOctober 28, 2016
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers trolls Jack Wilshere on Instagram ahead of Middlesbrough v BournemouthOctober 28, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas celebrates his glorious career & his days at Arsenal [Instagram]October 28, 2016
- Injured Arsenal duo return to training ahead of Champions League match (Video)October 18, 2016
- Olivier Giroud calls out Conor McGregor & does brilliant Elvis impression (Video)October 17, 2016
- Arsenal boss rules Olivier Giroud out of Burnley game, positive news for Coquelin (Video)September 30, 2016
- How PSG’s Marquinhos got Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud sent offSeptember 14, 2016