Olivier Giroud set to extend Arsenal contract until 2018 [L’Equipe]
Despite a summer of spending, Olivier Giroud looks still to be absolutely crucial to the Arsenal cause.
The French hitman remains Arsenal’s only experienced out-and-out front line striker.
The likes of Theo Walcott, Alexis Sanchez and Lukas Podolski can play through the middle but none are natural number nines like Giroud.
Whilst Yaya Sanogo is still unproven at the very highest level.
So, it comes as no surprise today that L’Equipe reveal Olivier Giroud is close to signing a new deal at Arsenal.
Giroud’s contract at the Emirates currently runs until 2016 and the reliable French newspaper suggest he has been offered a further two years on his deal.
The 27-year-old should have his best years ahead and in 2013/2014 scored a very creditable 16 goals in 36 appearances.
With Sanchez, Walcott, Ramsey and Ozil behind him, Giroud looks set for another goal-laden season.
Watch Live Stream
- Valencia line up their replacement for Arsenal bound Shkodran Mustafi [Super Deporte]August 28, 2016
- Arsenal fans won’t stop bashing Arsene Wenger despite signing a striker & defender (BBC Audio)August 28, 2016
- Some Arsenal fans are still angry after the Watford win (Videos)August 27, 2016
- The quadruple is on: Gooners celebrate after the Watford win (Arsenal Fan TV Videos)August 27, 2016
- Olivier Giroud’s agent speaks positively about move from Arsenal to NapoliJuly 12, 2016
- Arsenal linked to Gonzalo Higuain again, this time offering Olivier Giroud in exchange [Di Marzio]July 11, 2016
- Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud took out Patrice Evra in the France warm up (Video)July 11, 2016
- Arsenal reject several bids for France striker Olivier Giroud [Mirror]July 9, 2016