Olivier Giroud confirmed to Telefoot he is hopeful of being fit for Arsenal-Besiktas
— Téléfoot (@telefoot_TF1) August 24, 2014
Olivier Giroud confounded many of his critics on Saturday with Arsenal’s late equaliser at Everton.
The French striker has been much maligned of late with many Gooners suggesting that Arsene Wenger needs to bring in a world class striker to finish off the good work by the numerous high class attacking midfielders at his disposal.
But, Giroud looked a much better option in a central striking role than Alexis Sanchez did in the first half and he will likely be needed against Besiktas in midweek.
Arsenal come into the Champions League play-off second leg, having secured a 0-0 draw in Turkey.
After the Everton draw, Giroud left Goodison Park with a protective boot on his left leg and Wenger admitted: “In the final minute he stretched his ankle. It doesn’t look good.”
But, as can be seen from the Tweet above, Giroud informed French TV station Telefoot that “I hope to be on the field Wednesday.”
Man City v Liverpool – Best Odds!
EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 6/1 Man City or 12/1 Liverpool to win!
Exclusive Offer: Back Liverpool or Man City at the current Sportsbook price. Your winnings will get topped up within 24hrs.
Watch Live Stream
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell saves Sporting CP in the 96th minute (Video)October 22, 2016
- Injured Arsenal duo return to training ahead of Champions League match (Video)October 18, 2016
- Olivier Giroud calls out Conor McGregor & does brilliant Elvis impression (Video)October 17, 2016
- Arsenal boss rules Olivier Giroud out of Burnley game, positive news for Coquelin (Video)September 30, 2016
- How PSG’s Marquinhos got Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud sent offSeptember 14, 2016