Olivier Giroud confirmed to Telefoot he is hopeful of being fit for Arsenal-Besiktas
- August 24, 2014
— Téléfoot (@telefoot_TF1) August 24, 2014
Olivier Giroud confounded many of his critics on Saturday with Arsenal’s late equaliser at Everton.
The French striker has been much maligned of late with many Gooners suggesting that Arsene Wenger needs to bring in a world class striker to finish off the good work by the numerous high class attacking midfielders at his disposal.
But, Giroud looked a much better option in a central striking role than Alexis Sanchez did in the first half and he will likely be needed against Besiktas in midweek.
Arsenal come into the Champions League play-off second leg, having secured a 0-0 draw in Turkey.
After the Everton draw, Giroud left Goodison Park with a protective boot on his left leg and Wenger admitted: “In the final minute he stretched his ankle. It doesn’t look good.”
But, as can be seen from the Tweet above, Giroud informed French TV station Telefoot that “I hope to be on the field Wednesday.”
Man City v Liverpool – Best Odds!
EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 6/1 Man City or 12/1 Liverpool to win!
Exclusive Offer: Back Liverpool or Man City at the current Sportsbook price. Your winnings will get topped up within 24hrs.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...