- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Olivier Giroud confirmed to Telefoot he is hopeful of being fit for Arsenal-Besiktas
— Téléfoot (@telefoot_TF1) August 24, 2014
Olivier Giroud confounded many of his critics on Saturday with Arsenal’s late equaliser at Everton.
The French striker has been much maligned of late with many Gooners suggesting that Arsene Wenger needs to bring in a world class striker to finish off the good work by the numerous high class attacking midfielders at his disposal.
But, Giroud looked a much better option in a central striking role than Alexis Sanchez did in the first half and he will likely be needed against Besiktas in midweek.
Arsenal come into the Champions League play-off second leg, having secured a 0-0 draw in Turkey.
After the Everton draw, Giroud left Goodison Park with a protective boot on his left leg and Wenger admitted: “In the final minute he stretched his ankle. It doesn’t look good.”
But, as can be seen from the Tweet above, Giroud informed French TV station Telefoot that “I hope to be on the field Wednesday.”
Man City v Liverpool – Best Odds!
EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 6/1 Man City or 12/1 Liverpool to win!
Exclusive Offer: Back Liverpool or Man City at the current Sportsbook price. Your winnings will get topped up within 24hrs.
- Updated: August 24, 2014