Oliver Kahn and Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp go head-to-head on German TV [Video]
- March 20, 2014
The background to this live TV debate stems from some recent beef concerning the protagonists’ differing opinions on Mattias Sammer.
Klopp had recently said that Bayern’s sporting director should consider himself lucky to be in such an important job at Bayern, as he does little to warrant such high office.
Bayern’s goalkeeping legend Oliver Kahn took exception with Klopp’s comments, writing in his Bild column:
“His remark that Sammer does not contribute anything to Bayern was disrespectful and shameless.
“And on top of all that, he is actually wrong, too. It is not a coincidence that Bayern’s recent dominance started with the arrival of Sammer in 2012. He is perfectly suited for Bayern.”
The pair were brought head to head on German TV after Dortmund’s midweek win over Zenit, and the subtext of their war of words was soon brought up.
Even without subtitles, the tension is palpable, and there’s a classic Klopp reaction to an incorrect point from Kahn late on.
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Mats Hummels knows who ate all the pies at Borussia Dortmund last season
- Marco Reus runs the length of the pitch, nutmegs Bonucci and scores solo beauty (Video)
- Dortmund’s Aubameyang finishes off brilliant counter-attack versus Juventus (Video)
- Tottenham join Arsenal in race for 26-year-old striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang [Franc...
- Fan cam footage of Mats Hummels’s brilliant curling half-volley for Dortmund v Lu...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi