- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
Oliver Bierhoff regrets that the German crowd booed Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil v Chile [Individual highlights]
- March 6, 2014
Germany beat Chile 1-0 on Wednesday night but the result left few Germans happy.
Nationelf manager Jogi Loew was repeatedly filmed on the sidelines remonstrating and looking demoralised as the Chileans put up a superb performance against the underwhelming hosts, however the German player who received the worst public approval rating was Mesut Ozil.
Arsenal’s £42m summer signing was subbed in the 89th minute, and as the Gunner exited the pitch he was showered with a chorus of boos from the home fans.
The negativity aimed in Ozil’s direction came after a week in which German publications Kicker and Bild questioned whether the Arsenal playmaker is the right man to lead the Nationelf at the World Cup.
Following the match general manager of the Germany national team Oliver Bierhoff reacted to the boos aimed in Ozil’s direction saying:
At the present time, and with the score (being 1-0 Germany) I did not understand the whistles (aimed at Ozil). I find it a pity that such a player like Mesut is singled out.
For the record, Mesut Ozil claimed the assist for Mario Gotze’s winner against the Chileans.
See Mesut Ozil’s individual highlights against Chile below.