Old But Still Immature: Cuauhtemoc Blanco (39) trolls a referee in the Mexican second division
- October 2, 2012
Younger readers may be unfamiliar with Mexican legend Cuauhtemoc Blanco.
Blanco shot to international fame in the late 1990s and in the 2000s when he starred for El Tri in three World Cups, whilst he also grabbed the limelight during the 1999 Confederations Cup where he was the tournament’s leading scorer with six goals.
Blanco, in fact, holds the record as Mexico’s second highest international goalscorer of all-time, whilst perhaps he is best known for his cultish “La Cuauhteminha” skill which saw the forward beat opponents with his unique bunny-rabbit jump move.
Now 39-years-old, Cuauhtemoc Blanco still plays the Beautiful Game for current Mexican second division leaders Dorados, where last weekend he was filmed trolling a referee during his side’s 3-2 away defeat at Toros Neza.
After receiving a knock midway through the second half in an incident which failed to draw a whistle from the referee, Blanco turned his anger on the man in black after a Toros Neza player kicked the ball into touch.
A little like a bully in the playground, after failing to win a free-kick from the official Cuauhtemoc Blanco mocked high-mouth position of referee Jorge Tonix with a comedy display in the middle of the pitch. Even the Mexican commentators burst out laughing!
Despite getting right in referee’s Tonix’s face with his cruel impression, Cuauhtemoc Blanco amazingly avoided getting booked for his insubordinate behaviour.
Watch Cuauhtemoc Blanco’s comedy trolling antics below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”239356″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...