- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is fined €540,000 for driving without a licence [Bild]
- Real Sociedad 2 – Real Oviedo 0: Finnbogason stars for David Moyes’ men [Highlights]
- Jokes! Wealdstone Raider releases “You’ve Got No Fans”; All proceeds go to charity [Video]
- 10 Liverpool outfield players produced 52 passes for Raheem Sterling’s opener v Bournemouth [Video]
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is top of the Man City minutes per goal/assist chart [Graphic]
Oh Happy Day, the drought is over! 1,222 minutes later, Karim Benzema finally scores for France, with the 6th v Australia
After one of the longest international droughts in living memory Karim Benzema rediscovered what it feels like to score in a Bleu shirt last night.
Benzema’s situation had become a quasi affaire d’etat, after going an unbelievable 1,222 minutes of international football without hearing the net bulge.
He’d been roundly ridiculed, been the butt of all the jokes, and Benz was even booed as he came on as a substitute last night.
He quickly shut the haters up though, latching onto a Ribery cross to poke the ball home.
Okay, it was only the 6th in a friendly rout of Australia, but after the drought he’s just been through, he’ll gladly take it!
He had the magnanimity to forgive and forget, and applaud the French public who’d just been booing him.
[gthumb id="363885" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: October 12, 2013