- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Oh Happy Day, the drought is over! 1,222 minutes later, Karim Benzema finally scores for France, with the 6th v Australia
After one of the longest international droughts in living memory Karim Benzema rediscovered what it feels like to score in a Bleu shirt last night.
Benzema’s situation had become a quasi affaire d’etat, after going an unbelievable 1,222 minutes of international football without hearing the net bulge.
He’d been roundly ridiculed, been the butt of all the jokes, and Benz was even booed as he came on as a substitute last night.
He quickly shut the haters up though, latching onto a Ribery cross to poke the ball home.
Okay, it was only the 6th in a friendly rout of Australia, but after the drought he’s just been through, he’ll gladly take it!
He had the magnanimity to forgive and forget, and applaud the French public who’d just been booing him.
[gthumb id="363885" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: October 12, 2013