Oh Happy Day, the drought is over! 1,222 minutes later, Karim Benzema finally scores for France, with the 6th v Australia
- October 12, 2013
After one of the longest international droughts in living memory Karim Benzema rediscovered what it feels like to score in a Bleu shirt last night.
Benzema’s situation had become a quasi affaire d’etat, after going an unbelievable 1,222 minutes of international football without hearing the net bulge.
He’d been roundly ridiculed, been the butt of all the jokes, and Benz was even booed as he came on as a substitute last night.
He quickly shut the haters up though, latching onto a Ribery cross to poke the ball home.
Okay, it was only the 6th in a friendly rout of Australia, but after the drought he’s just been through, he’ll gladly take it!
He had the magnanimity to forgive and forget, and applaud the French public who’d just been booing him.
[gthumb id=”363885″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Free-Kick Golazo: Mathieu ‘Petit Velo’ Valbuena scores France’s winne...
- Second nature: Karim Benzema provides finishing masterclass in France training (Video)
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris had more 1st half touches than Arsenal’s Olivier Gi...
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Ex Chelsea star Florent Malouda picks incredible Fantasy XI made up of former team-mate...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...