Oh Dear. Chelsea’s Fernando Torres has a shocker at the end of Spain 1 – Holland 5 [Vine]
‘Just f**king hit it!’
That’s what armchair fans the length and breadth of Spain were shouting at the TV when Fernando Torres blew a great chance at the end of Spain’s humiliating defeat to Holland tonight.
With the Chelsea stirker’s confidence seemingly perpetually rock bottom, Torres chose to control a square ball instead of simply slamming it into the net first time.
As he tried to control the ball (how long did he want?!), the Dutch defender got back to intercept him, and the chance to reduce the humiliation on the scoreline was blown, and Torres left with egg on his face.
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Jose Mourinho talks about the return of Chelsea’s morale after the win in Tel Aviv (Video)
- Jose Mourinho and Diego Costa had a screaming match at half-time of their game against Maccabi Te...
- Jose Mourinho turned into a groundsman during Chelsea’s match at Maccabi Tel Aviv (Video)
- Fernando Torres on winning Atletico Madrid’s POTM award for September (Video)
- Fernando Torres bags a goal & assist as Atletico Madrid win 2-0 at Eibar (official highlights)
- Torres looks like who? 18 Footballers who look like Movie Stars (Video)
- Shanghai SIPG 0 – Atletico Madrid 3: Antoine Griezmann (2) and Fernando Torres score (Video)
- Euro 2016 seedings confirmed: England in Pot 1 [Graphic]
- Barca starlet Alen Halilovic was on a nutmeg rampage for Croatia U21s versus Spain (Video)
- Friendly between Belgium and Spain cancelled due to raised terror threat [Tweets]
- Juventus striker Alvaro Morata scores quality volley in Spain training (Video)