- Ex-Chelsea man Salomon Kalou has chosen an interesting way of staying loose during Xmas [Pictures]
- Incredible! St Mirren’s Stephen Mallan (18) opened his SPL account with a goal of season contender
- Amigos do Zico 9 – Estrelas do Futebol 10: Robinho & Seedorf amongst the scorers [Highlights]
- Everton’s Tim Howard says Man United’s Fergie is more intimidating than President Obama [Times]
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Luke Shaw’s landlord, Man United defender rents £7000-a-month house [Mirror]
Oh Dear. Chelsea’s Fernando Torres has a shocker at the end of Spain 1 – Holland 5 [Vine]
‘Just f**king hit it!’
That’s what armchair fans the length and breadth of Spain were shouting at the TV when Fernando Torres blew a great chance at the end of Spain’s humiliating defeat to Holland tonight.
With the Chelsea stirker’s confidence seemingly perpetually rock bottom, Torres chose to control a square ball instead of simply slamming it into the net first time.
As he tried to control the ball (how long did he want?!), the Dutch defender got back to intercept him, and the chance to reduce the humiliation on the scoreline was blown, and Torres left with egg on his face.
- Updated: June 13, 2014