- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Oh dear. Chelsea’s Fernando Torres with possibly his worst ever miss for Spain v Bolivia! [GIF & Video]
[gthumb id="430941" size="large" autoplay="1"]
Oh dear, oh Torres.
Just a minute after scoring a penalty against Bolivia tonight, Fernando Torres produced one of the misses of his career – and that’s saying something.
While it wasn’t an open goal like his infamous Old Trafford one, it was a much worse, more spectacular miss, as the player formerly known as The Kid blazed a botched lob over from 15 yards, in a clear 1 v 1 with the Bolivia keeper, after being excellently put through by Iniesta.
Why he even decided to lob from such a position beggars belief, but it was his execution that really made the jaw drop, as Torres sent it very, very high over the bar.
How does he manage to keep missing so spectacularly? And just after scoring…
Best to get them out of the system before the World Cup, right?
- Updated: May 31, 2014