Napoli President Dino De Laurentis confirms Rafael Benitez will take over as manager
- May 24, 2013
Grazie di cuore per i tanti messaggi d’auguri! Per quanto riguarda l’allenatore, nulla ancora di ufficiale. Ancora un po’ di pazienza #ADL
— AurelioDeLaurentiis (@ADeLaurentiis) May 24, 2013
Rafael Benitez is an ‘interim’ no more.
Two years after his unceremonious sacking from Inter Milan, Benitez is on his way back to Italy, to the south this time, to take over from Walter Mazzari as Napoli manager.
The move had been in the air since the night the Spaniard won the Europa League with Chelsea.
Awaiting confirmation that Mazzari would be indeed leaving the club, talks then began between Benitez and Napoli, and a deal was struck last night, and has now been confirmed by Napoli President Dino De Laurentiis via Twitter.
With Benitez having clinched Champions League football for Chelsea and with the Premier League season done and dusted, he’s now a free man to walk away from Chelsea, and will take over as Napoli manager once all formalities have been tied up.
Early reports claim that Benitez has signed a 2 year contract – with an option for a third – worth €3.5 million a year.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi