Napoli President Dino De Laurentis confirms Rafael Benitez will take over as manager
- May 24, 2013
Grazie di cuore per i tanti messaggi d’auguri! Per quanto riguarda l’allenatore, nulla ancora di ufficiale. Ancora un po’ di pazienza #ADL
— AurelioDeLaurentiis (@ADeLaurentiis) May 24, 2013
Rafael Benitez is an ‘interim’ no more.
Two years after his unceremonious sacking from Inter Milan, Benitez is on his way back to Italy, to the south this time, to take over from Walter Mazzari as Napoli manager.
The move had been in the air since the night the Spaniard won the Europa League with Chelsea.
Awaiting confirmation that Mazzari would be indeed leaving the club, talks then began between Benitez and Napoli, and a deal was struck last night, and has now been confirmed by Napoli President Dino De Laurentiis via Twitter.
With Benitez having clinched Champions League football for Chelsea and with the Premier League season done and dusted, he’s now a free man to walk away from Chelsea, and will take over as Napoli manager once all formalities have been tied up.
Early reports claim that Benitez has signed a 2 year contract – with an option for a third – worth €3.5 million a year.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...