OFFICIAL: Bacary Sagna leaves Arsenal for Manchester City; club statements [Tweets]
- June 13, 2014
The news comes as no surprise but that won’t soften the blow for Arsenal fans: Bacary Sagna has left the club for Manchester City.
France right-back Sagna becomes the latest in a long line of players who have left the club for Manchester City, following the paths of Samir Nasri, Kolo Toure and Gael Clichy.
Unfortunately for Arsenal, it’s a running theme that their players have departed for pastures new, but a particularly cutting fact is that it’s often a direct rival.
Robin Van Persie in another high profile case, moving to rivals Manchester United. Both clubs tweeted about the move on their respective official accounts today, as you can see below.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) June 13, 2014
— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) June 13, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- New Spurs signing Moussa Sissoko supports ‘The Beautiful Arsenal’August 31, 2016
- The Arsenal Madness? Victor Anichebe is going to the Emirates, cue jokes [Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry to give his full Belgium salary to charityAugust 31, 2016
- Jack Wilshere turns down Italian giants to spend the season on loan at Bournemouth [Tweets]August 31, 2016
- Torino’s Joe Hart pens emotional letter to Manchester City fans on FacebookAugust 31, 2016
- Ex-Bayern defender Dante: Guardiola is a great coach but less brilliant as a human being [Quotes]August 31, 2016
- AS Monaco reject €40 million Manchester City offer for 17-year-old Kylian Mbappe [L’Equipe]August 31, 2016
- Watch Joe Hart’s first Torino interview after joining from Man City (Video)August 31, 2016