OFFICIAL: Bacary Sagna leaves Arsenal for Manchester City; club statements [Tweets]
- June 13, 2014
The news comes as no surprise but that won’t soften the blow for Arsenal fans: Bacary Sagna has left the club for Manchester City.
France right-back Sagna becomes the latest in a long line of players who have left the club for Manchester City, following the paths of Samir Nasri, Kolo Toure and Gael Clichy.
Unfortunately for Arsenal, it’s a running theme that their players have departed for pastures new, but a particularly cutting fact is that it’s often a direct rival.
Robin Van Persie in another high profile case, moving to rivals Manchester United. Both clubs tweeted about the move on their respective official accounts today, as you can see below.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) June 13, 2014
— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) June 13, 2014
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi