Official: Arsenal confirm Arsene Wenger’s three year contract extension [Best tweets]
- May 30, 2014
There is to be no more speculation regarding the future of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.
The veteran French manager has finally officially signed a new deal at the Emirates, which will keep him at Arsenal until 2017.
Arsenal confirmed Wenger’s new deal on Twitter and upon signing Wenger said “I want to stay and to continue to develop the team and the club.
“We are entering a very exciting period. We have a strong squad, financial stability and huge support around the world. We are all determined to bring more success to this club.
“The club has always shown faith in me and I’m very grateful for that. We have gone through fantastic periods and also periods where we have had to stick together. Every time when that togetherness was tested I got the right response. I think I have shown some loyalty as well towards this club and hopefully we can make some more history. I am sure we can.”
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) May 30, 2014
Congratulations to the boss on signing for another 3 years, looking forward to building on last season’s success #WengerSigns
— Aaron Ramsey (@aaronramsey) May 30, 2014
Arsenal chairman: “We are delighted Arsène has renewed his contract for 3 years. He is a man of principle, who lives & breathes Arsenal.”
— Michael ⚽ Gooner (@MickTheGooner) May 30, 2014
— gunnerblog (@gunnerblog) May 30, 2014
— GoonerTD (@ArsenalTD1) May 30, 2014
— Cincinnati Gooners (@CincyGooners) May 30, 2014
I was expecting more backlash from #WengerSigns but alas Arsenal fans are happy. not sure what one should read into that
— Lee Thaver (@DoMeATaver) May 30, 2014
Arsène Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal since Sep 1996. No other current #EPL manager has current tenure starting before Dec 2010.
— Infostrada Sports (@InfostradaLive) May 30, 2014
Arsene signs new three year deal. I need beer. Someone get me a beer. #NeverEndingTenure
— Le Grove (@LeGrove) May 30, 2014
— Supriti (@LadyGooner8) May 30, 2014
— Sam (@samuelj29060) May 30, 2014
— Big Tone MCFC ⚽️ (@MCFCTone) May 30, 2014
Unlike a lot of Arsenal players down the years, the one thing you can’t question is Wenger’s loyalty. #AFC
— Niall Shivers (@shiversniall) May 30, 2014
‘Arsene deserves it’ Fuck me. Some football fans really have low standards. £8m a year, for three more years. What a joke.
— Le Grove (@LeGrove) May 30, 2014
Wenger finally signed the ting pic.twitter.com/pTg42qvw2X
— Mezzacker (@MezzaaGooner) May 30, 2014
Guess Wenger has finally found his pen. Probably worth it for £24m over three years. #afc
— Simon Ward (@siwardsport) May 30, 2014
— The Equaliser (@TheEqualiserUK) May 30, 2014
- New footage of Arsene Wenger nailing the Arsenal crossbar challenge with his first effo...
- Behind the scenes at Arsenal’s members’ day, players wear Petr Cech masks (...
- Arsenal’s Wojciech Szczesny says moving to Roma on loan was a “no brainer...
- Robinho gets into a social media fight on Instagram, calls an Arsenal fan a “sh*t...
- Gedion Zelalem bags an inch-perfect gorgeous assist for Arsenal U19s v Celtic (Video)
- Unreal skills: Laurent Koscielny scores a glorious rabona in Arsenal training (Official...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi