Off to Spurs, Norwich? Neil Lennon leaves Celtic after 4 years in charge of Old Firm club [Tweets]
— Oddschanger (@Oddschanger) May 22, 2014
After 3 league titles and 2 Scottis Cups in his 4 years in charge of the Old Firm club, Neil Lennon has stepped down as Celtic manager.
The official reason is unclear, as the club is yet to make a statement, though it’s believed there have been long standing disagreements about the transfer budget, with Lennon keen to bolster the squad for Europe.
So where to next for Lennon? It’s well know he fancies a fresh challenge down south in the Premier League, and the Tottenham and Norwich rumours are already starting.
Can he make the jump from big fish in a small pond, to the reverse?
Neil Lennon leaving Celtic to pursue a career in the EPL is like when someone who does karaoke quits their bank job to be a singer
— FitbaThatba (@fitbathatba) May 22, 2014
12 years as player,coach and manager Neil Lennon has given Celtic great service.. He lived the dream.. Good luck my friend. #legend
— John Hartson (@JohnHartson10) May 22, 2014
Four hours and counting since Neil Lennon issued his statement.Still no word from Celtic.You'd have thought they'd have their ducks in a row
— Tom English (@TomEnglishSport) May 22, 2014
Celtic part company with Neil Lennon. Moyes needs to get on the phone. Perfect job for him.
— Callum Chadwick (@CallumChadwick_) May 22, 2014
BUY NOW – Neil Lennon mugs are half-price. http://t.co/dtddQJ8M43
— Spirit of Mirko (@mirkobolesan) May 22, 2014
Interesting to see where Neil Lennon goes. Has done a great job at Celtic
— Charlie Adam (@Charlie26Adam) May 22, 2014
As Neil Lennon confirms his exit from Celtic, we make former striker Henrik Larsson 4/11 favourite to take over. http://t.co/kaf6Ts4tGG
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) May 22, 2014
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) May 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Celtic fined by UEFA for waving Palestinian flags against Hapoel Be’er ShevaSeptember 29, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Best Tweets as Celtic and Manchester City produce epic 3-3 in Champions LeagueSeptember 28, 2016
- Neil Lennon’s mistress finally tells of ‘knife threat’ after Bolton boss’ failed gag order [Mirror]December 20, 2015
- Neil Lennon on Tony Pulis prank call: ‘Funny but dangerous precedent. And he sounded nothing like me!’ [Video]February 13, 2015
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis prank called by Northern Irishman pretending to be Neil Lennon [Video]February 12, 2015
- Fulham sack Felix Magath, Neil Lennon among early favourites to take over [Mail]September 18, 2014