Off the Mark: Mesut Özil scores 1st Arsenal goal and bags assist in Napoli win – Individual Highlights
- October 2, 2013
‘Just sit back and enjoy him’ – Arsene Wenger
That’s just what Europe did last night as Mesut Özil made it 15 Champions League assists since 2010 – more than any other player in that time.
Ozil scored his first Arsenal goal, completed a classic Wengerball move, quite probably the move of the night.
Olivier Giroud controlled the ball on the right, flicked it on to the onrushing Ramsey, who squared it for Ozil on the edge of the box.
Ozil still had a lot to do though, but made it look so easy, opening his body and smashing a lethal sidefooted finish beyond the diving Pepe Reina.
Ozil then turned provider minutes later, setting up Giroud with a poked square pass that was just asking to be finished.
Ozil’s stats make for impressive reading too: Passes: 67 attempted, 58 completed (87%); 93% Accuracy, 2 Key Passes.
Watch Mesut Ozil’s individual performance v Napoli on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”360572″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...