Off the Mark: Mesut Özil scores 1st Arsenal goal and bags assist in Napoli win – Individual Highlights
- October 2, 2013
‘Just sit back and enjoy him’ – Arsene Wenger
That’s just what Europe did last night as Mesut Özil made it 15 Champions League assists since 2010 – more than any other player in that time.
Ozil scored his first Arsenal goal, completed a classic Wengerball move, quite probably the move of the night.
Olivier Giroud controlled the ball on the right, flicked it on to the onrushing Ramsey, who squared it for Ozil on the edge of the box.
Ozil still had a lot to do though, but made it look so easy, opening his body and smashing a lethal sidefooted finish beyond the diving Pepe Reina.
Ozil then turned provider minutes later, setting up Giroud with a poked square pass that was just asking to be finished.
Ozil’s stats make for impressive reading too: Passes: 67 attempted, 58 completed (87%); 93% Accuracy, 2 Key Passes.
Watch Mesut Ozil’s individual performance v Napoli on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”360572″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Arsenal want Karim Benzema & the Gunners have €65m stashed away for the deal [AS]
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny let in two goals on his Roma debut (Video)
- Man United hero Roy Keane claims Arsenal have a ‘selfie culture’ [Telegraph]
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Which club is bigger Arsenal or Chelsea? [AFTV v CFC]
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi