Off the Mark: Mesut Özil scores 1st Arsenal goal and bags assist in Napoli win – Individual Highlights
- October 2, 2013
‘Just sit back and enjoy him’ – Arsene Wenger
That’s just what Europe did last night as Mesut Özil made it 15 Champions League assists since 2010 – more than any other player in that time.
Ozil scored his first Arsenal goal, completed a classic Wengerball move, quite probably the move of the night.
Olivier Giroud controlled the ball on the right, flicked it on to the onrushing Ramsey, who squared it for Ozil on the edge of the box.
Ozil still had a lot to do though, but made it look so easy, opening his body and smashing a lethal sidefooted finish beyond the diving Pepe Reina.
Ozil then turned provider minutes later, setting up Giroud with a poked square pass that was just asking to be finished.
Ozil’s stats make for impressive reading too: Passes: 67 attempted, 58 completed (87%); 93% Accuracy, 2 Key Passes.
Watch Mesut Ozil’s individual performance v Napoli on the clip below.
[gthumb id=”360572″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...