NYCFC, the Man City & Yankees co-owned MLS franchise, asked fans to design the logo. It went wrong [Pictures]
- February 4, 2014
Back in May 2013, Manchester CIty and the New York Yankees got together to announce joint plans to build a new MLS franchise club in the Big Apple; New York City FC.
On Monday the NYCFC official Twitter account released a blank canvass asking fans to design their thoughts on what the logo should look like.
With plenty of people hating the Yankees, and with Man City’s involvement in the project now under the spotlight amid questions about the Citizens’ compliance with the Financial Fair Play rules, it didn’t take photoshop trolls too long to get busy in the design making with a series of joke logos.
Below are the results of what happens when you ask football fans to design things on social media.
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- John Guidetti gave a crazy interview after Sweden U21s smashed Denmark [video]
- Manchester City close in on the signing of Monaco defender Fabinho [L’Equipe]
- Man United tipped to bid up to €70m for Sergio Ramos; Man City also interested [AS]
- The top ten Man City U18 goals from the 2014-15 season [Official Video]
- Manchester City reach verbal agreement with Bursaspor to sign Enes Ünal [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi