NYCFC, the Man City & Yankees co-owned MLS franchise, asked fans to design the logo. It went wrong [Pictures]
- February 4, 2014
Back in May 2013, Manchester CIty and the New York Yankees got together to announce joint plans to build a new MLS franchise club in the Big Apple; New York City FC.
On Monday the NYCFC official Twitter account released a blank canvass asking fans to design their thoughts on what the logo should look like.
With plenty of people hating the Yankees, and with Man City’s involvement in the project now under the spotlight amid questions about the Citizens’ compliance with the Financial Fair Play rules, it didn’t take photoshop trolls too long to get busy in the design making with a series of joke logos.
Below are the results of what happens when you ask football fans to design things on social media.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...