NYCFC, the Man City & Yankees co-owned MLS franchise, asked fans to design the logo. It went wrong [Pictures]
- February 4, 2014
Back in May 2013, Manchester CIty and the New York Yankees got together to announce joint plans to build a new MLS franchise club in the Big Apple; New York City FC.
On Monday the NYCFC official Twitter account released a blank canvass asking fans to design their thoughts on what the logo should look like.
With plenty of people hating the Yankees, and with Man City’s involvement in the project now under the spotlight amid questions about the Citizens’ compliance with the Financial Fair Play rules, it didn’t take photoshop trolls too long to get busy in the design making with a series of joke logos.
Below are the results of what happens when you ask football fans to design things on social media.
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Gary Neville purrs over Manchester City’s strength in depth after De Bruyne signi...
- Kevin De Bruyne gives first interview since signing for Manchester City (Video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Man City’s Vincent Kompany tries to defend a goal against 100 kids at the same ti...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...