- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
NYCFC, the Man City & Yankees co-owned MLS franchise, asked fans to design the logo. It went wrong [Pictures]
Back in May 2013, Manchester CIty and the New York Yankees got together to announce joint plans to build a new MLS franchise club in the Big Apple; New York City FC.
On Monday the NYCFC official Twitter account released a blank canvass asking fans to design their thoughts on what the logo should look like.
With plenty of people hating the Yankees, and with Man City’s involvement in the project now under the spotlight amid questions about the Citizens’ compliance with the Financial Fair Play rules, it didn’t take photoshop trolls too long to get busy in the design making with a series of joke logos.
Below are the results of what happens when you ask football fans to design things on social media.
- Updated: February 4, 2014