NUTTER! An Algerian player slaps the lino after his side are denied an injury time equaliser
- January 27, 2013
Saturday in Algeria saw a fiery match between USM Alger and MC Oran.
The third-placed hosts needed a win to keep their title dreams alive, while Oran also needed the three points in their bid to stave off relegation.
USM Alger made the breakthrough when Mohamed Belhadi scored in the 74th, but right at the death the visitors thought they’d snatched a late point when an injury time free-kick was parried into the path of Nassim Bouchema, who scored, however the goal was controversially ruled offside by the linesman.
Apoplectic at the decision, USM Alger’s players descended on mass on top of the linesman as they vented their frustrations at the decision. One substitute however got far too violent in the protests, as he laid a right hand slap across the lino’s chops in deplorable scenes.
The lino, to his credit, didn’t falter. Instead he pushed the assailant back before other players quickly started efforts to defuse the tension.
Watch the offside decision and the violent after math below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...