Nuts!!! AZ Alkmaar starlet Adam Maher embarrassed Mark van Bommel (PSV) in the Dutch Cup final
- May 10, 2013
Adam Maher has been talked up as a future star of tomorrow, and on Thursday night the Dutch international began to fulfil his promise with a stunning performance in the Dutch Cup final.
AZ Alkmaar beat PSV Eindhoven 2-1 in the KNVB Beker final, and much of AZ’s first cup conquest in 31-years was pinned onto the talents of 19-year-old Maher.
Maher got AZ off to a cracking start with a superb goal in the first half, while the playmaker was a constant menace for the PSV defence throughout the match as he repeatedly carved open his opponents with his neat passes, excellent positional awareness, and fast feet.
Aside from his goal, Maher’s star moment in the cup final came when the whippersnapper nutmegged PSV hardman Mark van Bommel with an elegant piece of skill in the middle of the pitch.
Video of Maher’s nuts!, his golazo and a few other highlights from the Dutch upstart can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...