Nuts!!! AZ Alkmaar starlet Adam Maher embarrassed Mark van Bommel (PSV) in the Dutch Cup final
- May 10, 2013
Adam Maher has been talked up as a future star of tomorrow, and on Thursday night the Dutch international began to fulfil his promise with a stunning performance in the Dutch Cup final.
AZ Alkmaar beat PSV Eindhoven 2-1 in the KNVB Beker final, and much of AZ’s first cup conquest in 31-years was pinned onto the talents of 19-year-old Maher.
Maher got AZ off to a cracking start with a superb goal in the first half, while the playmaker was a constant menace for the PSV defence throughout the match as he repeatedly carved open his opponents with his neat passes, excellent positional awareness, and fast feet.
Aside from his goal, Maher’s star moment in the cup final came when the whippersnapper nutmegged PSV hardman Mark van Bommel with an elegant piece of skill in the middle of the pitch.
Video of Maher’s nuts!, his golazo and a few other highlights from the Dutch upstart can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi