Nutjob! A Ukrainian footballer was sent off for headbutting a teammate
- June 18, 2013
A clip from back in May 2013 is doing the rounds today after it had failed to receive any attention earlier in the season.
Hoverla Uzhhorod were ultimately relegated from the Ukrainian top flight in 2012-13, and one their way down they drew 1-1 with Illichivets in a match which saw two players come to blows.
Right under the referee’s nose, 25-year-old striker Volodymyr Lysenko headbutted his 31-year-old Montenegrin teammate Mirko Raicevic. It was a crazy act which drew an instant red card.
Watch the assault below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]