- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
Campobasso’s president spits insults at the ref over the tannoy, club gets fined €10,000
Plenty of club owners have had big mouths down the years, but few have got onto the club’s tannoy system during a game to spout insults at the referee.
Italian fourth divisioners Nuovo Campobasso have been slapped with a €10,000 fine after their president and aging Rudi Voller lookalike Ferruccio Capone jumped onto the loudspeaker during the 2-2 draw with Arzanese.
Capone was pissed after watching the referee hand midfielder Giorgio Di Vicino with his second yellow card in the 81st minute, at which point the hosts were trailing 2-1.
That prompted the president into burst into the announcer’s room. He the took over the microphone and hurled vicious insults at the man in black.
Whilst not condoning Capone’s behaviour, it was interesting to note that Campobasso did scored a late leveller after the president’s verbal tirade.
Match highlights can be seen below, with the president’s insults heard at 3:10.
- Updated: January 16, 2013