Campobasso’s president spits insults at the ref over the tannoy, club gets fined €10,000
- January 16, 2013
Plenty of club owners have had big mouths down the years, but few have got onto the club’s tannoy system during a game to spout insults at the referee.
Italian fourth divisioners Nuovo Campobasso have been slapped with a €10,000 fine after their president and aging Rudi Voller lookalike Ferruccio Capone jumped onto the loudspeaker during the 2-2 draw with Arzanese.
Capone was pissed after watching the referee hand midfielder Giorgio Di Vicino with his second yellow card in the 81st minute, at which point the hosts were trailing 2-1.
That prompted the president into burst into the announcer’s room. He the took over the microphone and hurled vicious insults at the man in black.
Whilst not condoning Capone’s behaviour, it was interesting to note that Campobasso did scored a late leveller after the president’s verbal tirade.
Match highlights can be seen below, with the president’s insults heard at 3:10.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...