Campobasso’s president spits insults at the ref over the tannoy, club gets fined €10,000
- January 16, 2013
Plenty of club owners have had big mouths down the years, but few have got onto the club’s tannoy system during a game to spout insults at the referee.
Italian fourth divisioners Nuovo Campobasso have been slapped with a €10,000 fine after their president and aging Rudi Voller lookalike Ferruccio Capone jumped onto the loudspeaker during the 2-2 draw with Arzanese.
Capone was pissed after watching the referee hand midfielder Giorgio Di Vicino with his second yellow card in the 81st minute, at which point the hosts were trailing 2-1.
That prompted the president into burst into the announcer’s room. He the took over the microphone and hurled vicious insults at the man in black.
Whilst not condoning Capone’s behaviour, it was interesting to note that Campobasso did scored a late leveller after the president’s verbal tirade.
Match highlights can be seen below, with the president’s insults heard at 3:10.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi