Nottingham Forest get pilloried after not signing Posh’s George Boyd due to an eye test
- February 1, 2013
Have you ever heard of a transfer deal failing because a player didn’t pass an eye test?
Amid furious rumours that Alex Mcleish has walked out of the City Ground overnight, Nottingham Forest, one of the great clubs in English football history, have now been rendered a laughing stock after they pulled the plug on signing George Boyd from Peterborough over an eye exam.
The non-signing of Boyd was a fiasco.
After spending all of transfer deadline day at Forest, 27-year-old Boyd and his club Peterborough United were convinced the player would be making the move. However at 9pm UK time the deal were south as Forest’s Kuwaiti owners from the Al-Hasawi family claimed the player had failed an eye test.
Several reasons why this excuse seems bogus.
According to Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony, after canceling the transfer deal for Boyd due to the eye excuse Forest still had the cojones to request the player move to Nottingham on loan. So Boyd’s eyesight prohibited a transfer but not a loan?
Moreover… failing an eye test?! Seriously.
Only a few months ago George Boyd was being lauded for his vision after he scored a wondrous 50-yard golazo against Huddersfield.
Below you can enjoy Boyd’s long ranger golazo from October, while below the fold are a series of comedy pictures which have been made following the transfer fiasco.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...