Not Friendly! Hugo Campagnaro (Inter) sent off for a terrible tackle on Chelsea’s John Terry
- August 2, 2013
John Terry was fortunate to escape unharmed from a nasty foul from Hugo Campagnaro on Thursday night.
Chelsea beat Inter Milan 2-0 in friendly in Indianapolis, and the Italians were forced to play the last half an hour with just 10 men after their 33-year-old defender saw red after an awful stomp on John Terry’s ankle.
Campagnaro, who recently joined Inter from Napoli, recklessly lunged his right boot straight down on Terry’s ankle, and the referee produced an instant red card for the Argentine defender.
That sparked a mini bust up between the players, however quickly tempers simmered down and the match continued.
For the record, John Terry managed to complete the 90 minutes.
Watch Hugo Campagnaro’s terrible tackle on John Terry below.
- Chelsea reach agreement with Augsburg to sign Baba Rahman for €25m [Bild]
- Wilshere = Fabregas: Daily Mail compare Arsenal & Chelsea through Little Englander...
- Chelsea players know they’re the team everyone wants to beat this season (Video)
- Petr Cech ignored Mourinho to leave Chelsea, signed for Arsenal because of Wenger [Mail]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho explains the rules of the transfer window to Everton (Video)
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi