Norwich set to sign FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer for €8m [Dutch reports]
- July 9, 2013
Norwich boss Chris Hughton looks set to bag another highly-rated young Dutchman following the signing of Ricky van Wolfswinkel, with Leroy Fer in talks with the Canaries.
The 23-year-old failed a medical at Everton in the January transfer window so nothing can be taken for granted, but Fer is in talks with Norwich and is not taking part in FC Twente’s pre-season camp in Germany, according to widespread reports in Holland today.
Norwich will reportedly pay FC Twente a fee of eight million euros for Fer – a central midfielder who came through the ranks at Feyenoord.
Earlier in the summer transfer window, Norwich were also linked with PSV striker Ola Toivonen.
Fer played 30 games for FC Twente last season, scoring five goals. He was part of the impressive Holland Under-21 squad at the recent European Championships in Israel.
- Mega Offer! Back Middlesbrough to get promoted at 8/1, or Norwich at 7/1
- Norwich advance to play-off final after 3-1 win over rivals Ipswich [Official Highlights]
- Huge Acca! Norwich, Southampton & Liverpool to all win at enormous 16/1!!!!
- Norwich v Ipswich: Watch a Live Stream of the play-off semi-final 2nd leg
- Ipswich v Norwich: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Norwich v Middlesbrough: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi