Norwich set to sign FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer for €8m [Dutch reports]
- July 9, 2013
Norwich boss Chris Hughton looks set to bag another highly-rated young Dutchman following the signing of Ricky van Wolfswinkel, with Leroy Fer in talks with the Canaries.
The 23-year-old failed a medical at Everton in the January transfer window so nothing can be taken for granted, but Fer is in talks with Norwich and is not taking part in FC Twente’s pre-season camp in Germany, according to widespread reports in Holland today.
Norwich will reportedly pay FC Twente a fee of eight million euros for Fer – a central midfielder who came through the ranks at Feyenoord.
Earlier in the summer transfer window, Norwich were also linked with PSV striker Ola Toivonen.
Fer played 30 games for FC Twente last season, scoring five goals. He was part of the impressive Holland Under-21 squad at the recent European Championships in Israel.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...