- 45-year-old Arsenal fan left the Man United game in tears after abuse from other Gooners [Audio]
- Are you drunk?! An Arsenal fan argues the Gunners beat Man United after the loss [Full Time Devils]
- Borussia Dortmund’s Jurgen Klopp talks to BT Sport, says he’s open to Premie League move [Video]
- Queretaro’s Ronaldinho gets an assist with a sweet ball over the top v Jaguares [Video]
- Crazy Stat: Robin van Persie only had 12 touches v Arsenal, and 3 of them were from corners he took!
Northampton’s Mathias Doumbé scored a world-class own goal volleyed lob on his debut at Mansfield
Mathias Kouo-Doumbé had a debut for Northampton Town last weekend which he will never (be allowed to) forget.
Northampton, who have started the League Two season terribly, remained second bottom of the football league after a 3-0 trouncing at Mansfield on Saturday, and the final goal of the game was an epic own goal.
33-year-old Kouo-Doumbé capped off a bad day at the office for the Cobblers by scoring an outrageous 25-yard volleyed lob into his own net.
Kouo-Doumbé later told local press what went wrong:
I didn’t want to take any chances. I tried to clear it for a throw in, because I wasn’t sure where the striker was and whether he was close to me or not. It’s not a dream debut I was looking for.
Watch Mathias Kouo-Doumbé’s world-class own goal on his Northampton debut below.
- Updated: September 23, 2013