- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Northampton’s Mathias Doumbé scored a world-class own goal volleyed lob on his debut at Mansfield
Mathias Kouo-Doumbé had a debut for Northampton Town last weekend which he will never (be allowed to) forget.
Northampton, who have started the League Two season terribly, remained second bottom of the football league after a 3-0 trouncing at Mansfield on Saturday, and the final goal of the game was an epic own goal.
33-year-old Kouo-Doumbé capped off a bad day at the office for the Cobblers by scoring an outrageous 25-yard volleyed lob into his own net.
Kouo-Doumbé later told local press what went wrong:
I didn’t want to take any chances. I tried to clear it for a throw in, because I wasn’t sure where the striker was and whether he was close to me or not. It’s not a dream debut I was looking for.
Watch Mathias Kouo-Doumbé’s world-class own goal on his Northampton debut below.
- Updated: September 23, 2013