Northampton’s Mathias Doumbé scored a world-class own goal volleyed lob on his debut at Mansfield
- September 23, 2013
Mathias Kouo-Doumbé had a debut for Northampton Town last weekend which he will never (be allowed to) forget.
Northampton, who have started the League Two season terribly, remained second bottom of the football league after a 3-0 trouncing at Mansfield on Saturday, and the final goal of the game was an epic own goal.
33-year-old Kouo-Doumbé capped off a bad day at the office for the Cobblers by scoring an outrageous 25-yard volleyed lob into his own net.
Kouo-Doumbé later told local press what went wrong:
I didn’t want to take any chances. I tried to clear it for a throw in, because I wasn’t sure where the striker was and whether he was close to me or not. It’s not a dream debut I was looking for.
Watch Mathias Kouo-Doumbé’s world-class own goal on his Northampton debut below.
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [P...
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training ...
- Razor Ruddock & Adebayo Akinfenwa try to pick up doughnuts with their elephant mas...
- TalkSPORT suggest alterations to the ratings of certain players in FIFA 15 [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi