- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Northampton’s Mathias Doumbé scored a world-class own goal volleyed lob on his debut at Mansfield
Mathias Kouo-Doumbé had a debut for Northampton Town last weekend which he will never (be allowed to) forget.
Northampton, who have started the League Two season terribly, remained second bottom of the football league after a 3-0 trouncing at Mansfield on Saturday, and the final goal of the game was an epic own goal.
33-year-old Kouo-Doumbé capped off a bad day at the office for the Cobblers by scoring an outrageous 25-yard volleyed lob into his own net.
Kouo-Doumbé later told local press what went wrong:
I didn’t want to take any chances. I tried to clear it for a throw in, because I wasn’t sure where the striker was and whether he was close to me or not. It’s not a dream debut I was looking for.
Watch Mathias Kouo-Doumbé’s world-class own goal on his Northampton debut below.
- Updated: September 23, 2013