No Wonder Bermudez Couldn’t Believe His Luck! An Equatorial Guinea official promised €50,000 to whoever scored against Spain
- November 17, 2013
The sight of Jimmy Bermudez wheeling away in lost bewilderment, hands on his head after scoring for Equatorial Guinea last night was a curious one.
Sure, he’d just scored a goal against the world and European champions, but let’s not kid ourselves: this is a Colombian playing for Equatorial Guinea; it was hardly a feeling of patriotic pride he was showing.
No, Bermudez was so overcome with joy because his bank balance had just been injected to the tune of 50 Gs – the amount an Equatorial Guinea ‘official’ had promised to whichever Equatorial Guinean could put the ball in the Spanish net.
Probably more or less the equivalent to a year’s salary at Bermudez’s club, LDU Loja.
[gthumb id=”376532″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi