- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
No Wonder Bermudez Couldn’t Believe His Luck! An Equatorial Guinea official promised €50,000 to whoever scored against Spain
The sight of Jimmy Bermudez wheeling away in lost bewilderment, hands on his head after scoring for Equatorial Guinea last night was a curious one.
Sure, he’d just scored a goal against the world and European champions, but let’s not kid ourselves: this is a Colombian playing for Equatorial Guinea; it was hardly a feeling of patriotic pride he was showing.
No, Bermudez was so overcome with joy because his bank balance had just been injected to the tune of 50 Gs – the amount an Equatorial Guinea ‘official’ had promised to whichever Equatorial Guinean could put the ball in the Spanish net.
Probably more or less the equivalent to a year’s salary at Bermudez’s club, LDU Loja.
[gthumb id="376532" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: November 17, 2013