- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
No Wonder Bermudez Couldn’t Believe His Luck! An Equatorial Guinea official promised €50,000 to whoever scored against Spain
The sight of Jimmy Bermudez wheeling away in lost bewilderment, hands on his head after scoring for Equatorial Guinea last night was a curious one.
Sure, he’d just scored a goal against the world and European champions, but let’s not kid ourselves: this is a Colombian playing for Equatorial Guinea; it was hardly a feeling of patriotic pride he was showing.
No, Bermudez was so overcome with joy because his bank balance had just been injected to the tune of 50 Gs – the amount an Equatorial Guinea ‘official’ had promised to whichever Equatorial Guinean could put the ball in the Spanish net.
Probably more or less the equivalent to a year’s salary at Bermudez’s club, LDU Loja.
[gthumb id="376532" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: November 17, 2013