No Songs Allowed: Bundesliga fans unite in the 12:12 protest against the ‘Safe Stadium experience’
- November 28, 2012
Fans across the German club divide displayed fabulous scenes of unity on Tuesday night in a widespread supporter protest against the controversial ‘Safe Stadium experience’ laws likely to come into operation imminently.
The German football authorities are set to vote on December 12 on the ‘Safe Stadium experience’ paper. In a nutshell, the paper plans to vastly reduce away support from the present 10% ticket allocation to just 5%, whilst institutionalising a complete ban on away standing sections. Moreover, the paper wants all German football fans to undergo strict full body scans when entering a stadium.
The rules are to apply to both the Bundesliga and Bundesliga II divisions, but on Tuesday night the fans of the top two tiers of German football expressed their thoughts on the ‘Safe Stadium experience’ paper through the newly established 12:12 protest movement.
The protest is beautiful in it’s simplicity, just demanding that all fans refuse to chant songs and waves banners until the 12th minute and 12th second of their respective matches. Once that time had past though, it is the responsibility of every fan to get back to the job of vocally supporting their team.
Two examples of the 12:12 protest from Tuesday’s Bundesliga action can be seen below.
The first clip comes from the TV broadcast of Borussia Dortmund versus Fortuna Dusseldorf. while the second was a fan’s recording from Eintracht Frankfurt’s match with Mainz.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”263270″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...