No-show Lionel Messi is slammed after the Barcelona star breaks the heart of a 9-year-old fan
Most people don’t have a bad word to say about Argentinean and Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi, until now.
An angry American dad has turned to Twitter to vent his anger at Messi after the world’s greatest footballer broke the heart of his 9-year-old son.
Tony Sherwood splashed out $5000 to pay for him and his son, Hudson, to meet his idol, but Messi never showed up.
According to dad Tony, Hudson fell in love with Messi when the youngster visited the Nou Camp when he was just five years old. That visit converted young Hudson into a Messi fan, and so six months ago dad Tony bought two tickets at $2,500 apiece to go to Soldier Field in Chicago for the Messi and Friends Tour charity match on July 6.
The father and son were guaranteed a meet-and-greet with Messi, plus autographed jerseys and balls. Those guarantees, though, never materialised.
Along with round 75 other people, 9-year-old Hudson Sherwood was left crushed when Messi never showed up. The paying customers waited two hours before finally being told that the Barcelona star would not be coming.
Dad Tony told reporters:
It was chaos from the beginning. They weren’t prepared. They told us he was coming, told us he was coming, and then five minutes before the match, one of his Spanish-speaking representatives came in and said due to team commitments, he can’t come.
There were tears, disappointment and heartache. [On the way home Hudson said] ‘Dad, next time I get a jersey, I don’t want it to be Messi.’
A report from NBC on how Lionel Messi broke 9-year-old Hudson Sherwood’s heart can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Neymar committed some horrendous dives against Borusssia Monchengladbach (Video)September 30, 2016
- Luis Suarez swore at Gladbach fans, told lino “Your mother’s c*nt, you clown” (Video)September 30, 2016
- Eric Abidal’s incredible 2011 CL final story about angry Man United playersSeptember 28, 2016
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- The moment Lionel Messi picked up a groin strain against Atletico Madrid (Video)September 22, 2016
- Barcelona confirm Leo Messi is out for 3 weeks with groin injurySeptember 21, 2016
- Pep Guardiola: Leo Messi sits on football’s top table by himself (Video)September 17, 2016