No-show Lionel Messi is slammed after the Barcelona star breaks the heart of a 9-year-old fan
- July 11, 2013
Most people don’t have a bad word to say about Argentinean and Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi, until now.
An angry American dad has turned to Twitter to vent his anger at Messi after the world’s greatest footballer broke the heart of his 9-year-old son.
Tony Sherwood splashed out $5000 to pay for him and his son, Hudson, to meet his idol, but Messi never showed up.
According to dad Tony, Hudson fell in love with Messi when the youngster visited the Nou Camp when he was just five years old. That visit converted young Hudson into a Messi fan, and so six months ago dad Tony bought two tickets at $2,500 apiece to go to Soldier Field in Chicago for the Messi and Friends Tour charity match on July 6.
The father and son were guaranteed a meet-and-greet with Messi, plus autographed jerseys and balls. Those guarantees, though, never materialised.
Along with round 75 other people, 9-year-old Hudson Sherwood was left crushed when Messi never showed up. The paying customers waited two hours before finally being told that the Barcelona star would not be coming.
Dad Tony told reporters:
It was chaos from the beginning. They weren’t prepared. They told us he was coming, told us he was coming, and then five minutes before the match, one of his Spanish-speaking representatives came in and said due to team commitments, he can’t come.
There were tears, disappointment and heartache. [On the way home Hudson said] ‘Dad, next time I get a jersey, I don’t want it to be Messi.’
A report from NBC on how Lionel Messi broke 9-year-old Hudson Sherwood’s heart can be seen below.
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Barcelona starlet Sergi Samper posts quality indoor training drill video on Facebook
- Sky Sports compile new Barcelona signing Arda Turan’s best Atletico goals [Video]
- Barcelona publish Arda Turan compilation video to celebrate €35m signing [Video]
- Sloppy Neymar had a good time at a house party in Brazil [Video]
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi