No offers for Mehdi Benatia: Man United, Bayern & Chelsea interested [Di Marzio]
- August 18, 2014
Roma defender Mehdi Benatia was on everyone’s lips over the weekend.
On Saturday night, just after Manchester United had lost to Swansea, Sky Sports claimed Benatia was on his way to Manchester to sign on at Old Trafford.
A day later, reports in Germany, from reliable sources, claimed Benatia was heading to Bayern Munich who lost Javi Martinez to a lengthy injury in the Super Cup last week.
On Monday, the super reliable Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio confirms that Roma and Benatia have so far not received any bids but Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Chelsea are all interested.
Benatia is currently taking it easy in Ostia, waiting for the offers to come in, which they are expected to in the coming days.
But, Roma are demanding at least 35 million euros for Benatia and the defender and Serie A side expect to receive offers over the next two weeks before the summer transfer window closes.
Roma themselves are thought to have targeted Tottenham defender Vlad Chiriches, if Benatia does leave.
- Mario Gotze scores his second for Germany v Poland (Video)
- Mario Götze scores great solo goal to put Germany 2-0 ahead v Poland (Video)
- Class: Bayern Munich to host training camps for refugees, offer meals & German cla...
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...