No offers for Mehdi Benatia: Man United, Bayern & Chelsea interested [Di Marzio]
- August 18, 2014
Roma defender Mehdi Benatia was on everyone’s lips over the weekend.
On Saturday night, just after Manchester United had lost to Swansea, Sky Sports claimed Benatia was on his way to Manchester to sign on at Old Trafford.
A day later, reports in Germany, from reliable sources, claimed Benatia was heading to Bayern Munich who lost Javi Martinez to a lengthy injury in the Super Cup last week.
On Monday, the super reliable Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio confirms that Roma and Benatia have so far not received any bids but Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Chelsea are all interested.
Benatia is currently taking it easy in Ostia, waiting for the offers to come in, which they are expected to in the coming days.
But, Roma are demanding at least 35 million euros for Benatia and the defender and Serie A side expect to receive offers over the next two weeks before the summer transfer window closes.
Roma themselves are thought to have targeted Tottenham defender Vlad Chiriches, if Benatia does leave.
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Bayern challenge Man United for Sergio Ramos. Offer defender a €60m, 5-year deal [El Ch...
- Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller talks to Bild about being a target for Manchester United
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi