- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
No deal! Spurs move for Halilovic & Jedvaj cancelled, allegedly due to family demands
A couple of weeks ago, Croatian reports were rife that Tottenham had pulled off a real coup in signing Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Alen Halilovic as well as team mate Tin Jedvaj for a combined fee of 20 million euros.
Today, the same Croatian media has revealed the deal is off and the Croatian teenagers won’t be heading to White Hart Lane.
Spurs’ offer of 20 million euros was accepted by Dinamo Zagreb but the north London side failed to agree terms with Alen Halilovic’s family.
According to reports in Italy, Halilovic’s family were after a wage of 1.2 million euros a year plus a house for his family to live in and school fees for his two brothers.
Tottenham only proposed 800,000 euros a season and a house, so Halilovic’s family pulled the plug on the deal.
The deal with Halilovic, believed to be for the majority of the payment, broke down yesterday.
Meanwhile, the transfer Tin Jedvaj also appears to have fallen through with Roma believed to be keen on signing the young defender.
- Updated: July 10, 2013