- Vincent Kompany & Sergio Aguero interview after Man City 3 – Bayern Munich 2 [Video]
- Jose Mourinho didn’t want to discuss Di Matteo pre-Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5 [Video]
- Manchester United asst manager Ryan Giggs: ‘Louis van Gaal’s been great with me’ [Video]
- Stunning Aguero hat-trick saves Man City blushes in 3-2 win over 10 man Bayern Munich [Best Tweets]
- Arsenal boss Wenger asked about rumoured crisis talks with Gazidis, neatly deflects question [Video]
No deal! Spurs move for Halilovic & Jedvaj cancelled, allegedly due to family demands
A couple of weeks ago, Croatian reports were rife that Tottenham had pulled off a real coup in signing Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Alen Halilovic as well as team mate Tin Jedvaj for a combined fee of 20 million euros.
Today, the same Croatian media has revealed the deal is off and the Croatian teenagers won’t be heading to White Hart Lane.
Spurs’ offer of 20 million euros was accepted by Dinamo Zagreb but the north London side failed to agree terms with Alen Halilovic’s family.
According to reports in Italy, Halilovic’s family were after a wage of 1.2 million euros a year plus a house for his family to live in and school fees for his two brothers.
Tottenham only proposed 800,000 euros a season and a house, so Halilovic’s family pulled the plug on the deal.
The deal with Halilovic, believed to be for the majority of the payment, broke down yesterday.
Meanwhile, the transfer Tin Jedvaj also appears to have fallen through with Roma believed to be keen on signing the young defender.
- Updated: July 10, 2013