No deal! Spurs move for Halilovic & Jedvaj cancelled, allegedly due to family demands
- July 10, 2013
A couple of weeks ago, Croatian reports were rife that Tottenham had pulled off a real coup in signing Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Alen Halilovic as well as team mate Tin Jedvaj for a combined fee of 20 million euros.
Today, the same Croatian media has revealed the deal is off and the Croatian teenagers won’t be heading to White Hart Lane.
Spurs’ offer of 20 million euros was accepted by Dinamo Zagreb but the north London side failed to agree terms with Alen Halilovic’s family.
According to reports in Italy, Halilovic’s family were after a wage of 1.2 million euros a year plus a house for his family to live in and school fees for his two brothers.
Tottenham only proposed 800,000 euros a season and a house, so Halilovic’s family pulled the plug on the deal.
The deal with Halilovic, believed to be for the majority of the payment, broke down yesterday.
Meanwhile, the transfer Tin Jedvaj also appears to have fallen through with Roma believed to be keen on signing the young defender.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...