Nigeria’s actual own goal v Scotland (Egwuekwe) also had hallmarks of matchfixing [Video]
Scotland’s draw with Nigeria at Craven Cottage last night is being investigated for matchfixing, and most of the evidence has centered around goalkeeper Austin Ejide’s throwing the ball into his own net.
That own goal didn’t actually count, ruled out for offisde; but the actual OG they scored later on also had some hallmarks of matchfixing.
Not necessarily from the player who turned into his own net, Egwuekwe, but from two other Nigeria players who showed some pretty unorthodox defending in ‘trying’ to clear their lines.
First, one passed diagonally out of his box – a move you very rarely see due to the obvious danger, – and the subsequent wild diagonal lash back in the other direction; again, a bizarre decision that goes against Defending 101: never clear across your own box/line.
Make your own mind up by watching the clip below – were these Nigeria players also complicit in the matchfixing keeper Ejide’s been accused of?
- Spurs wonderkid Musa Yahaya bags rabona assist & solo golazo v Brazil U20 [Videos]
- Bernard Bulbwa (Nigeria U20) unbelievable flick & volley golazo in final v Senegal ...
- Reigning champions Nigeria fail to qualify for ACN after drawing with South Africa [Ful...
- The best Tweets as France leave it late to beat Nigeria 2-0
- Bookies offer giant odds on Germany beating Ireland & the Scotland-Poland match
- Thomas Muller guides Germany to 3-2 win in Scotland (Official highlights)
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil’s impressive Individual highlights from Germany’s 3...
- Thomas Muller takes the plaudits after Germany beat Scotland in thriller (Best Tweets)