Nigeria’s actual own goal v Scotland (Egwuekwe) also had hallmarks of matchfixing [Video]
- May 29, 2014
Scotland’s draw with Nigeria at Craven Cottage last night is being investigated for matchfixing, and most of the evidence has centered around goalkeeper Austin Ejide’s throwing the ball into his own net.
That own goal didn’t actually count, ruled out for offisde; but the actual OG they scored later on also had some hallmarks of matchfixing.
Not necessarily from the player who turned into his own net, Egwuekwe, but from two other Nigeria players who showed some pretty unorthodox defending in ‘trying’ to clear their lines.
First, one passed diagonally out of his box – a move you very rarely see due to the obvious danger, – and the subsequent wild diagonal lash back in the other direction; again, a bizarre decision that goes against Defending 101: never clear across your own box/line.
Make your own mind up by watching the clip below – were these Nigeria players also complicit in the matchfixing keeper Ejide’s been accused of?
- Spurs wonderkid Musa Yahaya bags rabona assist & solo golazo v Brazil U20 [Videos]
- Bernard Bulbwa (Nigeria U20) unbelievable flick & volley golazo in final v Senegal ...
- Reigning champions Nigeria fail to qualify for ACN after drawing with South Africa [Ful...
- The best Tweets as France leave it late to beat Nigeria 2-0
- CRUSH THE BOOKIES: Back France at a scandalous 3/1 to beat Nigeria! [Betting Preview ...
- Messi is so good! Vincent Enyeama jokes at half-time with referee of Nigeria-Argentina
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...