Nigeria keeper Austin Ejide called out as matchfixer for throwing ball into his own net [Vine & Tweets]
Scotland – Nigeria was already under suspicion for matchfixing before a ball was kicked tonight, and the SFA had been made aware.
And then Nigeria keeper Austin Ejide threw the ball into his own net, literally.
In one of, if not the most blatant examples of a goalkeeper being bought, the Nigeria custodian went to catch from a corner, and then inexplicably threw the ball into his net, with an unnatural hand movement that had to be intentional, no question.
That goal was disallowed for infringement, but even the OG that Nigeria did score was fishy, with two defenders complicit in making a mess of their clearances, and allowing Scotland to attack once more.
Austin Ejide will undoubtedly be investigated for this, and if any sense prevails, be given a lengthy ban.
Keep ball as far away from Ejide cos he's hellbent on cashing out some more tonight lol
— Sappy Jnr (@SappyJnr) May 28, 2014
Nigerian keeper was literally throwing the ball into his net, most of the defenders looked bought out and Scotland could still only draw lol
— Paul Morrissey (@Paul_Morrissey) May 28, 2014
My conclusion is that Ejide can never and will never be Nigeria's number one goalkeeper…
— Labiolly (@Labiolly37) May 28, 2014
Must say that Nigeria's GK probably isn't match fixing – I remember a girl at school do that in PE in Year 5 – easy mistake to make
— Ralph Hannah (@paraguayralph) May 28, 2014
Nigeria's keeper is called Augustine Amamchukwu Ejide which means 'Do I know God's wish?'. So we can blame God for match fixing. #SCOvNIG
— Alex O'Loughlin (@AlexOLoughlin18) May 28, 2014
Ejide should not be allowed to go to the airport with Nigeria,,. He's Awful
— ♥I Tweet Arsenal♥ (@itz_whaley) May 28, 2014
Lucky nobody was talking about match fixing before Nigeria v Scotland, or this own goal might look a bit suspicious: https://t.co/8ApLMHKpio
— Mixtape Tuesday (@mixtapekeys) May 28, 2014
— Howler Magazine (@whatahowler) May 28, 2014
All this talk of match-fixing is a shame, as it means that when Scotland thump Nigeria 34-0 tomorrow they won't get the credit they deserve
— Narey's Toepoker (@Nareystoepoker) May 27, 2014
- Spurs wonderkid Musa Yahaya bags rabona assist & solo golazo v Brazil U20 [Videos]
- Bernard Bulbwa (Nigeria U20) unbelievable flick & volley golazo in final v Senegal [Vine &...
- Reigning champions Nigeria fail to qualify for ACN after drawing with South Africa [Full Highlights]
- The best Tweets as France leave it late to beat Nigeria 2-0
- Bookies offer giant odds on Germany beating Ireland & the Scotland-Poland match
- Thomas Muller guides Germany to 3-2 win in Scotland (Official highlights)
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil’s impressive Individual highlights from Germany’s 3-2 win (Vi...
- Thomas Muller takes the plaudits after Germany beat Scotland in thriller (Best Tweets)